• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Muslim Protests on Remembrance Day

Rickster922

Anyone here about this? I cant believe that they can sink to such a low to protest on a day of remembrance of war veterans who have not just died in Afghanistan, but have died in both world wars that have had nothing to do with the middle-east. Someone needs to seriously give these idiots a slap, or better off a nice punch to the face!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1328703/Two-faces-Armistice-Day-Boy-brimming-pride-fanatics-burning-hate.html

And heres the video:

Interestingly my school, with a predominately Muslim population, observed the silence, and respected the memories of the dead. Much point was made that Remembrance Day remembers those who laid down their life for their country on both sides and in all wars. David Cameron was in Korea, which wasn't even in the 1st World War, but still holds the 11th as Rememberance Day, and respects those who died defending it. This is a world day, not a UK day.

Also it should be remembered that politicians start wars, soldiers just fight them. Whatever your views on Iraq or Afganistan the people out there getting shot don't get any more of say in the matter than you do, but they are the ones taking the risks. I don't agree with the war, but I respect those out there fighting it.

Ultimately it should be remembered that we have a significant population of people who do not see themselves as UK citizens. They are not here because they want to be here, they are here because they don't want to be where they were born, and we took them in.

• Like 1

This is so disgusting, the Government let them in to the country to get away from the war and violence that there country is the middle off, and thats the repayment that they get.

Gav

Edited by Sphinx

I think the title of this topic is a bit misleading. I think "Extremists" (even the Daily Mail took care to use the Fanatics) should be added. Whilst their actions are clearly revolting, care should be taken to not apply this to all Muslims - more a very vocal minority of that faith are violent and hate filled people who have taken their faith and distorted it. I live close to a predominantly Muslim area, and they wore as many poppies as any other nationality.

• Like 2

I have to say myself that I do know a few muslim people that would never even think about disgracing this nation and that 100% support our troops in Afghanistan so I do have to say that this post does not refer to every muslim.

Look at the world up raw when that american was going to burn the quran. Personally I think this is on par with that burning a poppy absolute disgrace.How come it isnt world news like the quran incident? Cant beleve only 3 were arrested.

Look at the world up raw when that american was going to burn the quran. Personally I think this is on par with that burning a poppy absolute disgrace.How come it isnt world news like the quran incident? Cant beleve only 3 were arrested.

I caught a glimpse of it on the news last night and to be honest I think its censorship. It won't be broadcast around the world YET as it will give these morons what they want.....a world wide backlash against certain Muslims. When I see or hear this kind of crap I can only think of a few things....ignorance/brainwashing/religious fanatics and mindless thuggery by a very small minority who are bored.

What religion in the world approves of killing? None! But we do get small factions from ALL religions who are mis guided and-or brainwashed for various reasons but that don't make them faiths and all people that follow their faith bad people. America has kkk/skin heads ect and we have skin heads to but don't mean we are all the same.

If you look back in history there is always a nutter trying too dictate and take over the world and his generation it would seem like it's Bin Ladens turn ( or America depending on your views)

Just my 2 cents, pmsl

i got into a massive argument last night with some stupid tart who defended their actions and said they are not bein racist just because her mum is muslim. what she didnt understand like many other people is that the problem is not muslims, most muslims are peacefull tolerant people who respect our way of life. the problem is the minority of radical al queda and the followers who are distortin the words of the quran to incite hate filled race crimes against other nations. i understand why they are upset because other nations have invaded their homeland but what did they expect when they tried creatin a racist dictatorship and tried to rein sharia law as supreme. its not even that we invaded, we went in to remove the radicals from power and return power to the natives who deserve power. as for the poppy, like i said to her. its not the burnin of the poppy that upset so many people, its what the poppy stands for. we dont go over their and burn their national symbols and disturb days of rememberance and worship so why should they get away with doin it to us

hazza is right, if we went over their burnin the quran we would be executed

Edited by HATZY

It's just sick, if they don't like it then they can just go back to whatever country they came from. If British people went to Pakistan and started burning copies of the Qur'an I'm pretty certain they'd get killed or sanctioned...

Trouble is you will find alot of these morons are born here and are British....due to brainwashing they see it as there "duty to Mohammed" to cause chaos. These people are highly religious and if there "leaders" tell them to do something then they will or the " leaders" will use the quaran against them.

BUT there is another way too look at the whole quaran/Islam scenario going on in the world.

Since the day dot humans have been looking too a higher source for guidance ( look at Egyptians and pyramids or Mexicans and Mayan temples or the roman empire or the greeks to name a few) they were al/arel very primitive and surrpressed as their respective gods where the be all and end all of EVERYTHING and these Islamic/Muslim fanatics see the modern world as "loosing our way" when it comes to religion as we have adopted an attitude of greed/power/selfishness ect

Makes you laugh tho that Bin laden was educated in the uk/America don't it? Pmsl

you have to also remember that not all muslims are from iran, iraq, afghanistan aswell, there are large populations all over eaurope like the turkish are predominently muslim...

in a way the extremests are not only burning the poppys to our lost soldiors but also there own who are fighting over in the iraq war, so its a bit ironic really. is the poppy a symbol for uk or is it a international thing? if poppys just represent the uk then i guss it isnt that ironic...

^^^ absolutely 100% correct. Its the minority that give a bad image to the majority. Its the minority of muslims that have caused the formation of the BNP and EDL as if things like 9/11 or 7/7 didnt happen, there wouldnt be such an uprisising. To be honest, i think that they should be inprisonned for a long time here or extradited to their country as if they come over here and disrespect the whole country, they do not have enough respect to live in freedom in our country, they dont deserve the right to live with the rest of us peacefully.

thats my view anyway

Shieldsy

woops too late :D

9/11 was going too happen mate....the extremists tried years before too blow up the twin towers and altho the bombs went off they didn't fully succed.

As shocking and horrible as 9/11 and 9/7 is I always ask myself this: is it the modern worlds arrogance/ignorance or the fact that the extremists got through ours and Americas defences that's the most shocking part? Obviously murdering 1000's of innocent people is deeply shocking and wrong but if it didn't happen would we all even know about the quaran and what's going on in afghan/Iraq and other associated places?

The uk and USA have a finger in every war and conflict around the world for what?? Power? Peace? Oil? The mind boggles....lol

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but remembrance day is there for us ALL to pay respect in silence to ALL that have lost life's, in wars, in honour of this nation, yeah? ( Primarily brought in for the first and second world wars).

Do these plebs not realize that there were Afghan's, Pakistani's, Indian's, Saudi's, Omani troops all killed in these wars also?

The video shows Extremist's (wouldn't even call them Muslim cos they ain't) Shouting " British soldiers burn in hell" and the like. Sorry, but as i understand it, is that not inciting hatred? Which is, as far as i'm aware, is illegal?

Thanks for the backup plod.:good:

Normally i don't respond to these threads, however remembrance day is something thats close to my heart.

lol but why do they interfere??? The mighty bloody soviet union went (which tbh is a lot better than us) and lost dramatically so what do they think there going to accomplish? anyway you cant fight people in their homeland which is different from the attackers as it wont work out. Thats why al quaeda or whoever it is is putting up such a good fight with only rpgs and kalashnikovs, we have planes, technolgy much more sophisticated than theirs and we still arent winning. Weve been there for around 9 years and still havent won and they wonder why.

shieldsy

The poppy came from the soldiers that died in the poppy fields during ww1/ww2

Trouble is because these idiots have been given an audience try will now become "heros/celebrities" they just a bunch of cowards who are fed a load of crap and handed drugs and are then too high too give a crap ( have you seen the documentaries where our boys shoot them at close quarters and they keep coming/getting up for more?) drugged up so no sense no feeling, lol

These morons burning the poppy do it too get as much publicity as possible to gain a bigger reaction from the masses. Maybe it's tit for tat with that American vicar saying he going too burn the quaran because they building a mosque close to ground zero??

The afghan (or is it the Iraqi?) national army make me laugh.....the coalition forces are training them too defend their country andmost of them are joining al Qaeda cos they pay more....in my eyes you can't invade a country to "help" when half of them don't want help ( naturally thry just want to feed themselves and their families so whoever pays the most wins their vote) and they have been at war with each other for many, many years just like in Palestine, it will never end!!

Next on the modern worlds agenda will be Pakistan IMO