• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hello to All

I am hoping to get into RC EP off road cars very shortly.

I do own a couple but I think both well out of date now as being 20 odd years old.

I am trying to learn as much as I can about the modern electrical systems before choosing a model to go for.

I am registered disabled & unemployed :( so my funds are not huge but my grandson, who is nearly 5 fancies having a do after seeing my cars. So plenty of reading to do.

Hope to make a visit to 1 or 2 local meetings over the next few weeks & see what it is all about.

Hi steve

Welcome too the forum mate.

Wow you got rc cars over 20yrs old they must be collectors items now and worth a few bob??

This is a great forum with lots of info and a good bunch of helpful people.

Any questions just ask and you will always get a reply!

If you are planning on visiting some race meets to see what on, Bury Metro are at Coney Green on the 24th and the 7th, but the really big meeting this month is the Chadderton indoors meeting next weekend.

chad201001.jpg

Postcode OL9 0LS

120 drivers, 2 shops, 5 heats and a final - its a massive event. Too massive for me, I was helping run it last year but I'm not even racing it this year - just don't have time for the 12 hour days! But for a view on the current off road scene it doesn't get better!

Edited by Si Coe

Hi Guys & thanks for the welcome.

I will get to 1 of the Bury Metro meets shortly & thanks for the invite Si.

Had a PM today with a bit of advice as to cash I have to spend & what I'm looking for & told to put a post up & get advice from all you guys who are in the know, so I will be getting a wanted post up over the next day or 2.

Thanks again 1 & all & I hope to meet some of you soon.

Edited by the darrener