• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gran Turismo 5

joebh123

When I first heard about GT5 and the way everybody was raving on about it I was always thinking whats the big deal? But today I have just seen the trailers for it and demos and I have to say that the game looks to be graphically promising.

I have never seen a driving game that has so much detail!

I WILL BE BUYING IT LOL! ^_^

Edited by Rickster922

heres hoping they stick to this date

http://blog.eu.plays...e-announcement/

I ain't even going to bother getting my hopes for that release date, it will probably get pushed back.

Nope, its gone to production. It was only delayed before because they missed the Bluray production window good.gif

And a full list of the 1031 cars available HERE ohmy.gif

I'm totally getting the Collectors Edition :)

I for one need 60gb machine so can still drill my ps2 games moto gp4,speed kings, riders trophy,tt superbikes

I for one need 60gb machine so can still drill my ps2 games moto gp4,speed kings, riders trophy,tt superbikes

ps3 is not backwards compatible

i think the very early one's where

and then they wrote it out of the code

gutted

:(:(

The first Ps3, the 60GB model, is backwards compatible due to having different hardware to its younger siblings.

Sweet the wife just came back from shopping with the Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel and a new chair for me :o looks like im all set for gt5 now :D

I'll be sitting firmly in my Playseat Evo with Logitech G25 whell and Pedals :good:

Here's some pics:

(I still use the Logitech Z 5500 surround sounds set-up, but I view a 40" Samsung 1080p LED TV instead of that 32" 720p LCD now :) )

P1010016.jpgP1010018.jpg

P1010017.jpg

The first Ps3, the 60GB model, is backwards compatible due to having different hardware to its younger siblings.

The hardware difference is minimal at best, it was mainly down to the coding.

Only the 20GB, 60GB and 80GB (All discontinued) can play PS2 Games, Sony ditched support for PS2 games in later consoles however because they plan to release all PS2 games (Or at least the most popular ones) on the Playstation store and charge you more money for games you probably have sitting on a shelf somewhere.

All it would take from Sony is a large coding update to enable the features, although support for some games would be limited as some don't take to being run on anything else but the original 60GB or an original PS2.

Geohot (The guy who invented the jailbreak for iPhones) cracked the PS3 sometime ago and enabled the backwards compatibility in a 40GB console which has no native backwards compatibility, hence why PS3 then removed the other OS feature and canned it in order to stop people homebrewing.

They don't want anything stopping them from taking money from gullible people.

As for GT5, looking forward to it, it should be an excellent game, but none of us can be sure if the wait was worth it till its actually out...Roll on the 24th.

Yeah but who wants to be seen in a Renault, you would have to vlack out all the wondiws, and drive around like the stig so none of your m8's see you in one.

Mate, I've driven a Clio Cup Race Car (the ones that are built at the Renault sport factory as race cars for their one make race series which runs along side the BTCC) and I can honestly say its one of the best cars I've ever driven. (I've driven some very fast/good cars too )

The handling was amazing, and full throttle no clutch gear changes on the sequential box (both up and down!) was allot of fun.

Due to its awesome power to weight and fantastic grip and handling I was lapping as fast as much much more powerful 'faster' cars on the track :)

Mate, I've driven a Clio Cup Race Car (the ones that are built at the Renault sport factory as race cars for their one make race series which runs along side the BTCC) and I can honestly say its one of the best cars I've ever driven. (I've driven some very fast/good cars too )

The handling was amazing, and full throttle no clutch gear changes on the sequential box (both up and down!) was allot of fun.

Due to its awesome power to weight and fantastic grip and handling I was lapping as fast as much much more powerful 'faster' cars on the track :)

And you are going to drive one of those around town in Kent?

There is only one thing the majority of people would say seeing one of them being driven around and thats CHAV.

At the end of the day, no matter how much they are dressed up, a Clio is a Clio.

Edited by GunnersRC

And you are going to drive one of those around town in Kent?

There is only one thing the majority of people would say seeing one of them being driven around and thats CHAV.

At the end of the day, no matter how much they are dressed up, a Clio is a Clio.

If i had a spare

how can anyone slag off a clio sport.. phase 1 172?? chavs buy crap cars and stick fisher price gadgets to them.. clio sport is a 900kg (minus some things :whistling: ) 2.0lt go cart ^_^

my brother has one and hes the least chaviest person in the world, admitedly im not fan of his as hes got a straight through racing exhaust system so the 92db (iphone app lol ) inside makes you deaf :lol:

back to point, i pre ordered my copy the other day ^_^ wont get to play it wednesday though, as thats one of my scedualed pub visits with the lady friend :lol:

only bought myself a new xbox the other day to replace my 3rd rrd :whistling: so looks like that will be put on ice in favor of the ps3 :D