• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gran Turismo 5

joebh123

Well seeing as it is coming out soon *coughs* i though i should make this thread for thoughts on what the game looks like, and when it comes out, our experience with it i.e cars tracks and the like.

Release date looks to be around early December wink.gif

Edited by joebh123

Glad I didn't pre order it :whistling: It's beginning to take the mickey now.

I should think they are trying to get it out before Christmas because there should be a huge amount of people hoping to buy it as a present for someone.....

It's gunna be ace though :)

I played it a few times at the Eurogamer Expo, and it was far from finished. In the first game I played, the floor disappeared and the steering went mad. The second time, it would not quit from replay mode so I had to get them to reboot the PS3. I then played it in 3D, and despite it being blurry, it was decent. But then it glitched (again!) and I was driving round with a black block for a car.

Was not impressed...

im looking forward to getting this... i loved gran turismo in the early days but got put off as they took away "damage". The mrs then bought a 360 for herself so i got into forza 3 as "damage" is quite good. As long as gt5 has this and lives up to my previous expectation of GT games then this will be a deffo for me.

I did have the gt5 prologue and that was awesome graphics, but no damage :S anyone know if this has been added this time?

im looking forward to getting this... i loved gran turismo in the early days but got put off as they took away "damage". The mrs then bought a 360 for herself so i got into forza 3 as "damage" is quite good. As long as gt5 has this and lives up to my previous expectation of GT games then this will be a deffo for me.

I did have the gt5 prologue and that was awesome graphics, but no damage :S anyone know if this has been added this time?

In the version/difficulty I played there was no damage.

i know it adds to the experience but the point is to get round quick without damage so i supose they figured whats the point in damage and maybe the physics engine and detail is so large their is not enough space left to fit a damage engine?

The version hide played at euro gamer was just a preveiw of the full game with some of the features. I played it at gt academy. and it was fine. But kaz wont release anything unless its perfect. Hence why the game has taken so long.

I cant wait. its been a long time, and racing m8's on gt prolouge has began to get boring. We realy need the the new phisics that i played with at gt academy. they where just awsome. everything felt right.

Yes there is damage, google GT5

On some cars. My Beef with the game, Other than the fact its about 23 years late, is Only 250 of the cars are scratch built, with Damage, perfect interiors, etc, The rest are simply GT4 cars polished up a little. This creates and inconsistancy, there are some cars on the game that have no interior view even possible? WTF!

I seriously think they have bitten off more than they can chew here. Yamauchi is expecting far too much with the team and timescale he has. He wants it to be perfect, IT simply cant be, IT will never be released to his standard. ITs getting to a stage now where the code has been edited and re written, mistakes are showing (Such as the recent freezing on 60 FPS) You must also question, Where are they getting the money to continually develp this game? Seriously, Alot rides on this game, But it surely cannot have a limitless budget?

From what I've seen, it visually looks STUNNING, But I cant help thinking that the game engine is way off, The cars dont look like they are on the ground, they appear to float? Obviously, withiout playing, Im more than likely wrong, But they definately "look" like they are floating

However, this made me lol

257kbba.gif

The thing I'm so looking forward to is that because kaz wants it perfect before release we know it going to be truly epic

I genuinely think the PS3 as a console isn't able to support a PERFECT GT5.

It's turning into the "Delaystation 3" lol

Edited by 19 Inch Guns

You can't get GT5 on xbox...

As has been covered...

I'll be getting it, i think they are taking the mick now however. Understand they want the game to be perfect but NO game is perfect, get the game out.

Too much fiddling can be a very bad thing...

Oh and btw lets not let this descend into another PS3 v Xbox thread, do the sensible thing and get both.

New trailer to keep up "busy" waiting for the game. Really looking forward to the TG track good.gif

I've already driven the TG track on a game, download rfactor (you'll have to pay for it if you want to continue using it), then go to rfactorcentral (mods site) and download the TG track for it. Fun, I beat the F1 car's time, 54 something haha.

Lee.

Edited by m3lyc