• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Bullet Owners Club

.AJ.

Testament to how rugged this thing is: After having the car and batteries for a couple of weeks (still no charger but it should arrive soon) i finally got the opportunity to solder Deans connectors on. Naturally, i got home and set up the ESC right away, proceeding to test it outside with utmost eagerness. 5 minutes later i decided to call it a day as it was getting dark and i was struggling to see where the puddles.

Next day i gave it another 5 minute spin, my mother's boyfriend taking interest in the car zipping around (he owns an old electric RC himself, not sure what it is though). So he asked to have a go and naturally i said yes. I thought he got used to the pistol radio pretty quickly as he was only familiar with the older style joysticks... But apparently not.

Not sure what he was thinking of but he managed to full-throttle it into the Caravan across the road from a good 5 metres away. Because the front end was starting to lift up for a wheelie it also clipped the edge, so it not only hit it at force but did a very harsh flip too. Nothing was broken though, just a slightly bent clip that holds the chassis on.

I don't think i will be letting him have a go again any time soon. :P

mine drinks puddles and does cartwheels :P

I've got at my disposal:

NEU 2200kV

NEU 2650KV

EZ Run 5.5T

EZ Run 9T

Traxxas VXL

An ideal set up could be the VXL set up out of my slash, It would give me 3S Running on a 3500kv motor which could be geared up higher than stock!

Then I could stick the MMP buy a Sensored Short Course motor and run it in the Slash, Swap the Servos and have a waterproof Bullet!

I've got at my disposal:

NEU 2200kV

NEU 2650KV

EZ Run 5.5T

EZ Run 9T

Traxxas VXL

An ideal set up could be the VXL set up out of my slash, It would give me 3S Running on a 3500kv motor which could be geared up higher than stock!

Then I could stick the MMP buy a Sensored Short Course motor and run it in the Slash, Swap the Servos and have a waterproof Bullet!

a waterproof bullet would be awesome

I've got at my disposal:

NEU 2200kV

NEU 2650KV

EZ Run 5.5T

EZ Run 9T

Traxxas VXL

Sounds good mate, im running a 17t pinion at the mo, reckon theres room to go up to 19/20t if needed

yeah the stock filter is gash, super low quality, mine imploded into the carb after about 1/2 a gallon, the replacement is just a stock hpi part.. cost me a fiver off of ebay also the brace set is the hot bodies branded one that i managed to pick up for 32.00 delivered from ebay also so if you are on the look out for the braces try to track down the hb set as it will be about half price..

dscn0586a.jpg

dscn0585k.jpg

hopefully the guys over at hpi will have some goodies for us in the not to distant future, one of the r'n'd team over on the hpi boards alluded to some nice shiny bits coming our way..

Just back from a awesome bash at Ascot Rec, the Bullet held up well today, 1 lost dog bone, lost a few screws out of the C-hubs, the slipper became very slippy so had to crank that up and the shell took a battering, the 3 other Bullets there held well as well, considering we were get huge air and doing back flips all day long

It appears to be a very popular truck in europe (i dont think its avaliable in the US? Every forum I am on has a large bullet presence, So some hop ups would be great!

In the USA its sold as a Hot Bodies Lightning GT10