• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Bullet Owners Club

.AJ.

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of selling my Brushless Mini LST2.

...if anyone is interested, the link is:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/rc-car-team-losi-mini-lst2-limited-edition-brushless-servo-upgrade-many-more-upgrades/1111850178

Anyway, I want to use the money to buy a Nitro truck. I used to have a Rush Evo and really miss Nitro! I looked around for the cheapest Monster/Stadium truck for bashing and for the Bullet 3.0 and loved the look of it.

I've read a few posts about chassis parts breaking and things like that.

I'm just wondering, if anyone's owned a Bullet for a long time, what are your top upgrades that I should make on the Bullet if/when I get one?

Alloy hubs and carriers is a must. Also the rear chassis brace will eventually bend. The rest is up to you. How willing is to make it a better truck. But the nitro version has less problems because the torque is less. The bullet is a great truck and gives you a lot of fun time. I never regret of bying it.

• 1 month later...

hi everyone 

moving from Baja to bullet mt flux just picked one along with some HPI ally hubs and carriers 

is there anything else i need to upgrade .....my concern is towards shocks never really had any plastic shocks i have read the articles for changing them to emaxx shocks but i kinda like the look of ally shocks but cant seem to find any for bullet MT

any advice would be great

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have bitten the Bullet, so to speak and got my sweaty mitts on an ST Flux. Have to say its certainly quick with innumerable wheelies and a number of forward rolls completed, this straight from the box. Couple of questions / observations.....

1) how afraid of lipos should I be? Having read around considerably they seem almost on a par with an unexploded WW2 bomb (I got 2S with it, worth the punt for 3S, bearing in minbd its a machine for bashing and nothing else?)....

2) It strikes me as a bit plasticky, will deffo invest in hubs /carriers in alloy and metal shocks. Anything else to look out for?

3) Am going to mess with settings (and learn how to drive it!) But is there a wheeliue bar available? I have searched but nothing is obvious - soneone in this thread mentioned it I'm sure, can't find the post again!

4) waterproofness. Unintentional Puddles and wet grass? What about rain? General, rather than monsoon, and of course I know the Tx isn't resistant.

Looking forward to having some fun with it, haven't played with 'leccy since I was way younger than now, and I have my Revo 3.3 to compare it to... :)

Edited by mrthumb

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Not sure how active this is still but I was hoping someone could post a picture of how your front wheels look when the front shocks are compressed.

The reason is because I've recently repaired my car after a crash and I can't remember how it should look. At the moment when my front shocks are compressed each wheel points out to the side which causes them to pull apart. I haven't driven the car again yet so it might not actually cause an issue as the shocks probably wont be compressed long enough at a time but I'd like to see what other cars look like.

• 2 months later...

Hi I've just picked up a new flux ST it's my first venture back into RC for an age, I was using an original nitro MT and this seemed pretty close, so far I've just been using it in a car park, it strikes me the tyres are too grippy, I'm after some other less grippy ones to slide about with for evening car park fun. 

From my limited research it seems there isn't anything about like a street wheel and tyre set??

id even purchase standard wheels and fit tyres 

please any suggestions would be great.

ollie

20 hours ago, Olliewoo said:

Hi I've just picked up a new flux ST it's my first venture back into RC for an age, I was using an original nitro MT and this seemed pretty close, so far I've just been using it in a car park, it strikes me the tyres are too grippy, I'm after some other less grippy ones to slide about with for evening car park fun. 

From my limited research it seems there isn't anything about like a street wheel and tyre set??

id even purchase standard wheels and fit tyres 

please any suggestions would be great.

ollie

Ollie,

I fitted these to mine;

"ProLine Street Fighter 2.8 Mounted on Black Desparado Traxxas Rear Wheels"

they to need the 12mm wheel adapters too.

eg:   http://www.asiatees.com/display?HPI-Bullet-MT-Flux-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=HPI&model=Bullet MT Flux&id=61911&pid=1

Dug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The corners don't like to crash into things, so get some spare hub carriers and the like. I didn't go for ally ones as my thought was that it just moves the weak link further inboard...

Best upgrade the driver first! Get lots of free space to trash about in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know who makes the HPI G3.0 engine for the bullet and the engine for the firestorm series?

I thought force manufactured and rebranded these engines for HPI but I have a .15 force engine and 1/10 3.5cc but both have different mounting holes to the HPI engine mounts.

• 4 months later...

I got my Bullet Flux out after aaaages being in garage and gave it a quick run, the slop in the front end is shocking. I was going to change the bearings would anyone happen to know what size shims to use? the bearings are 5x10x4.

Edited by sunny
spelling

• 1 month later...

If you can wait till Sunday I will have a look my e savage uses 14mm hexes and I have loads of spares for it but in basement and have to move like 20 boxes to get to it lol.

On a different note i did manage to sort out the slop in the hubs on my bullet flux just used some traxxas shims one each side behind the bearing : this pushes the bearing out and pin out a bit so no more slop or binding :)

52 minutes ago, sunny said:

If you can wait till Sunday I will have a look my e savage uses 14mm hexes and I have loads of spares for it but in basement and have to move like 20 boxes to get to it lol.

On a different note i did manage to sort out the slop in the hubs on my bullet flux just used some traxxas shims one each side behind the bearing : this pushes the bearing out and pin out a bit so no more slop or binding :)

Nice one cheers fella :good:

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

ive got one of the original bullet flux's, when i first got the thing set up it would run perfectly on a 2s lipo's, first pull of the trigger it done a flip, ran it for a wee while then it was put into storage for a while as I had to work away from home, since pulling the truck back out ive checked everything over and all seems fine apart from a stutter on setting off, i have checked the settings on the esc over and over with nothing changing this stutter. I got a cracking deal for a digital controller and receiver so that's the only upgrade at the moment. ive tried the esc with 2s and 3s lipo's with the stutter not changing.

got a funny feeling its going to be the esc but fingers crossed its an easy problem to sort and sorry for bringing up an old thread.

• 2 months later...

Mine used to as well only way to cure that is a sensored brushless system or instaed of feathering throttle at start just nail it :)

• 5 months later...

Here is my Bullet flux

All standard electrics. WR 8 center diff 9t pinion and some smaller wheels. The shell is from an ftx carnage as it was cheap and in stock! Not shatteted a diff or lost a dog bone since fitting the centre diff but at the expense of popping wheelies! Not run on the new wheels waiting for some alloy front hubs and shorter axles again from wr8. Mostly run on 2s but some times 3s.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ca82c0a9b7470a0e3b81f2d872a6cb8c.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 14/01/2018 at 20:52, jonsloman said:

Here is my Bullet flux

All standard electrics. WR 8 center diff 9t pinion and some smaller wheels. The shell is from an ftx carnage as it was cheap and in stock! Not shatteted a diff or lost a dog bone since fitting the centre diff but at the expense of popping wheelies! Not run on the new wheels waiting for some alloy front hubs and shorter axles again from wr8. Mostly run on 2s but some times 3s.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ca82c0a9b7470a0e3b81f2d872a6cb8c.jpg

what do you think of it mate?

just got mine last week but not took it out yet.

i had the nitro version years ago and i liked that.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone put or know of anyone putting a 4074 2000Kv Brushless Motor in their Bullet with a 120A ESC and changing over to MOD 1 gearing?  I want to do that to minds.

Do you know of any issues or anything I have to consider changing (e.g. Center Digbones, Slipper Clutch vs. Center Diff, etc.)?

20190415_191552.jpg