• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Think he means that nitro cleaner spray stuff you get to clean the nitro gunk off of your chassis and plastics:

http://www.apexmodels.com/gbu0-prodshow/CC-FAST02N.html?gclid=CJPk0fjkxcUCFernwgod614ANw

If you have any WD40 lying around you could take it apart and try that on OWB first. (Don't get WD in engine though). Get it clean / dry afterward and get the backplate as spotless as you can. Refit and see how it is.

Then try some of the spray if it's still pants, it is useful anyway.

Thanx mate all sorted and cleaned now seem to be ok order a new one just incase thanx for your help guys

Hi guys, done some good bashing today and ended up with a bit of damage after some mentally high jumps, snapped a screw off in the front diff housing and also broke front suspension holder 101100 does anyone know if they do an aluminium version

Hi guys, done some good bashing today and ended up with a bit of damage after some mentally high jumps, snapped a screw off in the front diff housing and also broke front suspension holder 101100 does anyone know if they do an aluminium version

http://www.asiatees.com/display?HPI-Trophy-3.5-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=HPI&model=Trophy%203.5&id=48046&pid=1

found thatt to be a weak point on my truggy, and had enough to breaking them, just installed this, havent tested yet as waiting for a few more bits, but thats what you want.

They look a perfect job thanks

I'm using the Asiatees ones also :) Takes around 14 days.

This also works from the Vorza if you need it quicker. This is on my second rig:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-RACING-VORZA-FLUX-HP-VB-1-67384-FRONT-SUSPENSION-BLOCK-FR-GENUINE-PART-/321741825715?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae94ea6b3

I upgraded my inner hinge pins to these as well:

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/109848

Easier on and off than the e rings.

Edited by dazp1976

Regarding Asiatees, In the next few weeks im planning to upgrade everything to aluminium, hub carriers / mounts etc. some of the parts arnt listed in the truggy flux section, would the buggy parts fit or nitro truggy, I know the parts I want but not sure if they would fit straight on.

Regarding Asiatees, In the next few weeks im planning to upgrade everything to aluminium, hub carriers / mounts etc. some of the parts arnt listed in the truggy flux section, would the buggy parts fit or nitro truggy, I know the parts I want but not sure if they would fit straight on.

Buggy parts:

All suspension blocks fit

Rear hub carriers fit.

Steering arms fit

Steering arm Carriers don't fit. These don't have the upright bit for the tie rod to go i.nto

Thanks for that.

On further inspection I've noticed I have stripped all 3 threads from the motor mount and damaged a front hub carrier..... (It was a big jump)

I'm using the Asiatees ones also :) Takes around 14 days.

This also works from the Vorza if you need it quicker. This is on my second rig:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-RACING-VORZA-FLUX-HP-VB-1-67384-FRONT-SUSPENSION-BLOCK-FR-GENUINE-PART-/321741825715?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae94ea6b3

I upgraded my inner hinge pins the these as well:

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/109848

Easier on and off than the e rings.

14 days? where abouts are you located? Mine took 6 days,

14 days? where abouts are you located? Mine took 6 days,

Coventry, west mids. Depends how long it takes to get thru customs. Varies quite a bit so I said 14 days as the absolute longest.

How's it look without the extenders? Got my last 2 sets off of maxbashing but ended up with 3.2 as they were the only 1/2 offsets I could see. Haven't had a good blast on them yet tho to see how they perform because my steering is crap since I tried a mod but I may have sussed it now. The alloy Hellfire spindle had too much ackerman and what was happening is the steering rod was on a bad angle which made the inner wheel kinda floppy as there was no pull from the rod. Kinda like the rod to spindle end when on full lock was like a V shape angle and the area inside the V had no pressure so it just wobbled about in that whole area. I have now drilled/tapped a new hole further down the spindle end and cut it down for a bit less ackerman and now it's solid and doesn't wobble. Have to get it right no matter what because those carriers and spindles I got are strong :)

The reason for the Hellfire experiment is it was

Edited by dazp1976

Food for thought. I'm waiting for somebody to figure out a way of grinding a countersink inside the steering arms and feeding a countersunk bolt from inside of it to put a nut on the outside.

No matter what alloy arms you use they will go at the thread. There is just not enough length of the bolt goes in there to secure it.

Asiatees looks good for some of the parts I'm planning to get

Unfortunately though they are out of stock of the C-hubs for the Truggy and nothing much in steering arms.

Use the gift option for import purposes if order over

Ok mate will do, still striping it down now and found 2 of the shocks are slightly bent so those need repairing or upgrading. Can be an expensive hobby if you got a heavy trigger finger like me.

Ok mate will do, still striping it down now and found 2 of the shocks are slightly bent so those need repairing or upgrading. Can be an expensive hobby if you got a heavy trigger finger like me.

3.5mm shock shafts from the lightning stadium are apparently stronger if you can find them. Pulse rear shafts are the same length also:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-RACING-PULSE-4-6-BUGGY-2-4GHz-101378-REAR-SHOCK-SHAFT-3-5X65MM-PR-/350993993760?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51b8df5020

Mydoddy69 had good results using Pulse rear shocks all round with Hellfire springs.

Big bores didn't work that well on the Trophy Truggy because of the lay down angle. The more they lay down the softer they get. I ended up with D8T towers and shell because it worked out cheaper to do that than suffer the massive

Well I was going rather high over that jump and most of my landings were pretty good I thought, add to my shopping list a front drive shaft !

Well I was going rather high over that jump and most of my landings were pretty good I thought, add to my shopping list a front drive shaft !

Shame I've only got stock shafts left. No lightnings.