• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Car stalls under braking

skatedude25

Hi guys,

I have a Hyper 7 TQ Sport Mach 28.

When I apply the brakes in my buggy, the engine is being starved of fuel and stalls. It appears just a little force against the spring towards the carb starves the engine. I am learning to live with it by braking then blipping the gas when it is about to stall, but that is starting to get me down.

I have tuned the linkages alot, I have even upgraded them this week to the following: http://www.modelspor...on&ItemID=28725.

Is this normal? Should I be able to stall the engine if I hold the brakes? Or should I continue to play with the linkages?

Thanks

Paul

Edited by skatedude25

Could be worth trying to put the idle up very slightly. There should be a 1mm gap that you can see when you take the air filter off, but you can have a touch more. It might be worth playing with the fuel mix a touch as well, if thats not right it could cause it to stall as well.

Does it idle ok when its sitting stationery?

Kind of, even when the buggy is stationary I sometimes need to blip the gas to stop it stalling.

Check the idle first, if need be open it up a bit. If you still have bother, you might need to lean the fuel mix a touch, might be a bit too rich.