• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Royal mail? or fail?

kwik-kid

Royal mail? or fail?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How do YOU rate them?

• 1 out of 5
    • 2 out of 5
    • 3 out of 5
    • 4 out of 5
    • 5 out of 5

5 being perfect, 1 being absalutly dreadfull...

i just want to see if EVERYONE has had a bad experiance from them. as i see a lot of threads, yet for me they have been spot on...

be honest as you can be, and bassed on everything, service, price, practicallity etc...

ready, set, GO !!

Oh gawd, another RM hate thread...

not hate by the looks of it... i give them a 5, i just want to see what percent actually find there service bad, and if they deserve what people say about them.

5 for five reasons

1. always polite

2. always leaves parcels in safe places

3. when mum was alive never knocked on door for parcels on weekdays, just left a card, "it took her ages to get up & downstairs"

4. great community spirit gases to every9ne!

5. never let me down even when they make a mistake they will drop it off regardless of time of day!

4/5 only problems i have is some xtals went missing and the delivery times (like sometimes 12 oclock...) , not as bad as DHFail tho good.giflaugh.gif

Edited by The Trooper

5 for five reasons

1. always polite

2. always leaves parcels in safe places

3. when mum was alive never knocked on door for parcels on weekdays, just left a card, "it took her ages to get up & downstairs"

4. great community spirit gases to every9ne!

5. never let me down even when they make a mistake they will drop it off regardless of time of day!

Is that your postman?

Royal Mail as a company are shocking.

I give them 2/5.

Royal Mail as a company get only a 2 from me.

Our postman though is always very polite and very friendly, but his friendliness is also a fault. He's so friendly he always happy to chat with everyone which means his round takes hours on end. He hits one side of my street at 8:30 then goes on to do 2 more streets and gets to us at about 12:30 - 1pm. When he's off and another postman does the round he's back round to us at about 10:30!

Been good for me so far, I find the prices reasonable and have sent lots of items using them and have had no problems yet. *touchwood*

Edited by Bridgey

Well i work at DVLA swansea, and we obviously use RM. And at the last meeting we had, i think it was reported that 0.8% of mail is not delivered, so thats not bad...but its 0.8% of 2 or 3 million i think. So depends which way you look at it i suppose.

Personally tho, they been pretty good so 4/5 for me.

3/5 in my experience.

Had 3 or 4 parcels lost in god knows how many years so not bad there however it's the counters/depots that do my head in.

Some examples:

"Might be too much tape on that and we can refuse them if we think there's too much"

???????????

"We're not liable if our labels come off"

(So my selotape sticks fine but you're not liable if your labels come unstuck?)

When I asked if I could post something when collecting someit else at a collection depot:

"You're not at post office mate, you're at a sorting office"

Okay, I accepted that, asked him if he could weigh it for me to see how much it would cost:

"How would I do that? We're not a post office you know, if I accepted it, I wouldn't be able to give it you back"

???????????

When I gave them one of those cards they put through the door:

"Can't find it mate, did you get proof of postage?"

???????????

And then there's the £8 for them kindly paying £8 in customs charges!

On the flip side, one of me mates was a postie and he was pretty sound.biggrin.gif

Alright, I'll up that a little, just had a the local office do me a favour on a large parcel so maybe not so bad!!

Edited by Smoothybb

given then 2 out of 5

1)had a lrp shark go missing and a brushless system and never seen a penny for it and it was insured!!

2)prices are rather high aswell

3)postie dosent get to until aboput 4 pm if atol

4)never very helpfull ehrn i need to collect stuff always have to see 3 or 4 diffrent people

but hey thats just my views and experiances with royal fail!!!

nothing royal about it

thanks ross

only 3 as on quite a few day they have left a note say that they had miss me and that i need to go and go and collect it from the sorting office

which is normaly ok as its in frodsham and that were i am

but no they take it back to Warrington, northwhich and other places

and thats far when i don't drive

and then they give me option to redeliver it on a day of my chose and then they redeliver it on the wrong day and take it back and then i have to collect it

i gave them 2 out of 5.

My postie is also fantastic. Never had a problem there. Great guy and very friendly :good:

My postie in reading however was a jackass!!! :closedeyes:

I was living with my front door opening directly on a main road with heavy pedestrian traffic, and he would frequently leave parcels, big envelopes, and sometimes even the normal post on my doorstep, Worst bit was, he wouldnt even ring the bell, just drop it and run.

Had 3 parcels lost over the years, (sent and recieved many dozens, definately in the 3 figures though, so not a bad average.)

their more expensive than the competition,

and their insurance is worthless..

Ever since using people like UK mail or DHL on Parcel2go.com i would never go back!

• 2 weeks later...

Well i work at DVLA swansea, and we obviously use RM. And at the last meeting we had, i think it was reported that 0.8% of mail is not delivered, so thats not bad...but its 0.8% of 2 or 3 million i think. So depends which way you look at it i suppose.

Personally tho, they been pretty good so 4/5 for me.

I'd keep it to myself about working for the DVLA, of the 25+ years I've been a driver they've given me far more grief than RM

:whistling:

Pleasing to see RM are not completely stuffed but could still do better.

They are completely stuffed and have been for years :lol:

They should be on their last legs, and would have been if competition had stepped up, seems nobody in their right mind would accept the workload, so we have to settle for some of the worst postal service in the World.

Are you ****ting me? When I stick a stamp on an envelope, I can be 99.9% sure it'll get to where it's going in tact. Some other countries you've only got the 0.1% chance that it won't be ripped to pieces en-route to see if there's anything of value.

Over the years they have made some dreadful mistakes an even lost a few things, of mine, an ive had to make claims

But of late (touches a large bit of wood) they do seem to have been improving, an for quite a while ive had no issues at all

I do quite a lot of posting, an lately everything has arrived in very fast time, an to the right place, with nothing lost

The same for things ive had coming my way too

So currently, ive given them a 4 out of 5 :good: