• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Useful hop-ups or just bling

MAZ

I'm looking to upgrade a few parts on my Kryptonite and just wanted peoples opinons on the various things you can get i.e vented clutchbells, vented flywheels, alloy arms, Carbon fibre shocks towers etc etc

Are vented flywheels etc worth it? do they make a difference?

Also, 2.4ghz -is it worth buying if i'm just bashing?

Just want some ideas on whats pointless and whats worth getting

Thanks alot

You don't really need 2.4ghz if your only bashing, but if you want to have multiple models set up on the one TX then it's a good idea. Only down side is you can only use one at once, what happens if someone wants a go of the others?

As for hop-ups, i'm not too sure on the vented clutch bell. If i'm upgrading I look at what CNC parts I can get, they do a great deal on stopping any un-needed flex.

My Hyper's stock, alloy suspension towers were so flimsy that any dodgy landings putting pressure on them would simply bend them, snapping the same diff case supports each time. Upgraded to a CNC tower which was FAR sturdier and i've not had a problem yet!

Edited by Stoka

vented clutch bells help to keep the clutch cool, and reduce heat created from friction, which obviously passes through to you engine :) plus heat = bad.

if you run the answer rc flywheel, clutch and clutch bell, they all work together almost like a propeller to keep things cool and flowing.

as for hop ups, in general they are just a way of polishing turd ^_^ if something needs hop ups to make it better, then its obviously flawed to start with :lol:

as for hop ups, in general they are just a way of polishing turd happy.gif if something needs hop ups to make it better, then its obviously flawed to start with laugh.gif

tbh i preffer the idea you can customise the vehicle to you rather than end up with a standard peice of factory car that everyone else has.

as for what ones to go for i always subscribe to performance first, bling later