• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Expert needed

cooperman8

Hi I have been searching the internet looking for someone who would be able to help me out with a project that im involved with.

Basically i am looking for someone or a company who is able to make a customized remote control car which will have a specific use of collecting golf balls, the design is fairly simple and speed isnt an issue. We have a good idea on how the car must perform and really need someone who has experience in this field.

There is a few seriously good benifits for the right person or team that can assist us.

I cant really give more details at this time but if you feel you may be able to help i'd be more than happy to talk to you in person or over the phone.

Thanks in advance

DM

The thing is though Guys the smaller the scale, the longer it'll take to collect everything. a 1/10 scale buggy is tiny and once the balls are collected they are going to have a fair amount of weight behind them.

You'd be better off making something completely bespoke more on the scale of a 1/5th and using a large Hight turn brushed motor as this will provide enough torque with the extra weight.

Depending on how many balls you want to pick up and terrain, something with tracks might be a good solution based on a Kyosho Blizzard or tank. If it's going to have to get in and out of bunkers then maybe a rock crawler type chassis with wider tires so is doesn't get bogged down in the sand?

Are you after an RC or Robot (Autonomous)?

There is a robot out already called the Ball Picker.

Without much details, we can't give you much details. ;)

Edited by Milkie
  • Like 1

Have a watch of Monster Garage, they converted a Porsche 944 into a golf ball collector with a sort of combine harvester attachment under the car and a conveyor belt up the back. Scale that idea down and bingo!

A 1/8 brushless could do it! Something like the vorza. You can easily do it yourself. Just buy and car and get some plastic tubing, cut it in half. mount it to the car and hey presto. Of course it will go mighty fast and miss all the balls! XD<br><br>use a large scale petrol? Will run for hours and will not take too much work to keep going. Got lots of power and most people know how a petrol engine works?<br><br><br>The blizzard would work really well and if i remember rightly its got space to mount a scoop (i believe there was a first party after market one available at some point) That said it wouldnt be hard to make your own scoop. Before we can really help you could do with posting details. Such as the area you are going to be using it in. How many balls you are looking to pick up and how much experience you have with working on an RC and most importantly budget.<br><br>My best guess would be a large scale petrol/ 1:8 monster truck or the blizzard. Course with the blizzard you have to build it.<br>

<div><br></div><div>If you are looking for a classic system to pick the balls up you are gonna most likely looking at a lot of custom fabrication for the screws to pick the balls up with and hopper system. That said if you could find a hand push ball collector the size of say a lawn mower you could mount it to the front of the car and use a hopper system like a bucket so then all you need to do is swap them out. I think that would be your best bet then mount it on to a car above?</div><div><br></div><div>Issues are stuff like scaling it down. You can't really scale the screw pick up system down as you then wont be able to pick up balls on it wont react well to bumps in the landscape. Also it's gonna be super heavy. You might even be better trying to motorise a gold ball collection trailer and retro fitting the electronics.</div>

Edited by louder