• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hot Bodies Lightning GTX2?

louder

so I found http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Bodies-Lightning-GTX2-RTR-w-Dual-26-Nitro-Engines-/110497216704?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item19ba25b8c0#ht_903wt_913 this on ebay. Duel engines? Anyone got one, seen one or know anything about them? I cant find much info but it looks pretty insane. well its ugly but twin engines! SICK. Wish there was a twin T-Maxx.

I had a near mint GTX2 for good while,it was pretty crazy,if you're not experienced with nitro tuning then i'd steer clear but otherwise they're a great truck.The issues I found were the shock springs are way too soft,I got the harder white springs,added proper 3 shoe clutches to the engines,that needs a 3 shoe flywheel for each engine,the linkage can be a pain if you're not experienced too.

Once setup though they're great and the sound you get from 2 .26 nitro engines is awesome,I was gonna slap 2 Nosram RS.28 Evo's in it but never got around to it,I sold mine for £160,would I have another?? Dead right I would if one came along in the same condition mine was.I also added a ram air scoop from the Kyosho Twinforce Gigacrusher and that was pretty cool aswell and worked a treat....wink.gif

A few pics of mine...

Photo-0045-1.jpg

Photo-0046-1.jpg

Photo-0047-1.jpg

Photo-0044-1.jpg

Photo-0041.jpg

Photo-0040.jpg

Heres a short vid of it in action,I lost a rear dogbone during this run too...laugh.gif The trucks throttle was just over half all the way through this,i'd just fitted new conrods and and wanted to check her out first so limited the travel on the throttle with the EPA...wink.gif

th_GTX2ontheField.jpg

wow pretty insane. New era models do a conversion kit for a twin t-maxx i just found they also do one for a .70 single engine or a .46 single engine which I imagine would fly. I would love to do something manic like that. That said i dont think it would jump well and I don't know of any .70 engines for that matter!

Edited by louder

• 9 years later...
On 09/06/2010 at 03:16, Mr Terminator said:

I had a near mint GTX2 for good while,it was pretty crazy,if you're not experienced with nitro tuning then i'd steer clear but otherwise they're a great truck.The issues I found were the shock springs are way too soft,I got the harder white springs,added proper 3 shoe clutches to the engines,that needs a 3 shoe flywheel for each engine,the linkage can be a pain if you're not experienced too.

Once setup though they're great and the sound you get from 2 .26 nitro engines is awesome,I was gonna slap 2 Nosram RS.28 Evo's in it but never got around to it,I sold mine for £160,would I have another?? Dead right I would if one came along in the same condition mine was.I also added a ram air scoop from the Kyosho Twinforce Gigacrusher and that was pretty cool aswell and worked a treat....wink.gif

A few pics of mine...

Photo-0045-1.jpg

Photo-0046-1.jpg

Photo-0047-1.jpg

Photo-0044-1.jpg

Photo-0041.jpg

Photo-0040.jpg

Heres a short vid of it in action,I lost a rear dogbone during this run too...laugh.gif The trucks throttle was just over half all the way through this,i'd just fitted new conrods and and wanted to check her out first so limited the travel on the throttle with the EPA...wink.gif

th_GTX2ontheField.jpg

I got your gtx2 now mr terminator, in stripped format though.

• 2 months later...
On 12/07/2020 at 07:48, pug=309 said:

Are you planning on rebuilding?

Allan

Hi. Yes I've rebuilt it! 

20200509_203617.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris_205 said:

Another pic of it with its siblings 

looks epic :good:do you have and picture or video of it running?  twin f4.6 engine? 

37 minutes ago, Jumper said:

looks epic :good:do you have and picture or video of it running?  twin f4.6 engine? 

I do somewhere. If it loads up and works then I'll explain what's what.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Hi. Unfortunately the videos I have of the truck going, are too large to upload as they exceed the permissable requirement of 40 something mb's 😥.

Plus I've no clue on how to shrink it to fit. Apologies. 

3 hours ago, Chris_205 said:

Hi. Unfortunately the videos I have of the truck going, are too large to upload as they exceed the permissable requirement of 40 something mb's 😥.

Plus I've no clue on how to shrink it to fit. Apologies. 

try uploading it to youtube then paste the link here?

3 minutes ago, Chris_205 said:

I'll see what I can do now! 🤞

Wow! It has been 13 years since I last uploaded a video to YouTube, so please bear with me will I try and work it out. 

I may have to use a pc in order to upload, that won't be possible until tomorrow, apologies.

16 minutes ago, Chris_205 said:

Wow! It has been 13 years since I last uploaded a video to YouTube, so please bear with me will I try and work it out. 

I may have to use a pc in order to upload, that won't be possible until tomorrow, apologies.

lol i'm surprised you can remember you account after all that time :lol:

• Haha 1

Hi. Here's a link to YouTube of the truck in motion. 

The video was caught on my dash cam. 

I advise to forward past the first half as not much is going on

• Like 1