• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

just found this in the loft!

suggs

bought this about 15yrs ago from a local model shop thats now long gone. i had forgot i even had it let alone were it might be. today goes up in the loft and found it hiding in a bin liner, been up there since we moved in 10yrs ago!

i havent a clue what make it is or if its a home made job but its pretty old and has a cool retro Capri body (ask ya dads if you dont no lol) it needs a proper clean but i stuck in some Gen 2 and put it on the smd box and she fired straight up, couldnt believe it. she ticks over and revs spot on, has servos but no other lekky bits, one wheel seems pretty much seized up but other than that pretty solid...

c7aacf63.jpg

ae2e9afd.jpg

22f8ff91.jpg

6d2f5e3d.jpg

the fuel tank has a cork to plug the filler hole!!

e3c449ca.jpg

e3c449ca.jpg

foam tyres

57d44c71.jpg

fe55636b.jpg

it could be a mardave , but don't quote me on that as ive never seen one in the flesh lol some one will comfirm that ,nice find though i like it good.gif

yeah was thinking early Mardave myself, must be a 70's model, the linkages for the throttle and steering are just pieces metal wire

Wow that looks like a beast! My mate used to toy with his dads old RC which looked like something built with mechano.

Bit OT but where about in Essex are you?

Wow that looks like a beast! My mate used to toy with his dads old RC which looked like something built with mechano.

Bit OT but where about in Essex are you?

im over near Lakeside shopping centre..

Love the old-school looks. That Capri shell looks spot on with the big fat tyres :)

No idea if you will be able to get parts for it, but from the look of it, you may well be able to adapt more modern parts to fit. It looks like it's pretty basic in terms of construction. Biggest issues with this sort of thing is the engine and drivegear. Would love to have a go at scratch building something like this one day just for the fun of it. There is no suspension, and aside from the wheel hubs themselves, the front end is ever so simple and will not break! Would look for some new wheels though! Those tyres look like they won't last long :)

Great find! Wish I had stuff like this in my loft to find. All I found in there when we moved in was a workshop manual for a Honda 250, some country and western 8-track cartridges and a broken TV stand. Treasure indeed!

think ill give it a real good clean up then make it a shelf queen, cant imagine being able to get those tyres if i shredded one there about 3 inches wide on the back!

cant believe how sweet the engine seems even after years without running, cant believe it even started lol

Love the old-school looks. That Capri shell looks spot on with the big fat tyres :)

No idea if you will be able to get parts for it, but from the look of it, you may well be able to adapt more modern parts to fit. It looks like it's pretty basic in terms of construction. Biggest issues with this sort of thing is the engine and drivegear. Would love to have a go at scratch building something like this one day just for the fun of it. There is no suspension, and aside from the wheel hubs themselves, the front end is ever so simple and will not break! Would look for some new wheels though! Those tyres look like they won't last long :)

Great find! Wish I had stuff like this in my loft to find. All I found in there when we moved in was a workshop manual for a Honda 250, some country and western 8-track cartridges and a broken TV stand. Treasure indeed!

i honestly had completely forgot all about it, couldnt believe my eyes when i saw it....

What did you use to do with it when you first got it ?

Gav

nothing really just liked it and had a capri or two in my time including a Burton full race job so asked if they would sell it, think it was only about

You can still pick the shells up nowadays, i just sold one last month on here. I bought it for my EB4 but did not fit :(

Also i have owned a couple of Carpi's too lol

Gav

wish i still had my last Capri now, 3.1 V6 full race spec engine built by Burton, had the zak speed kit fitted with revolution wheels spax all round Jan speed full system and painted moon dust silver, even the engine was detailed and lots of chrome. was all pro built and was a cossie eater, used to do the run what ya brung 1/4 mile days, more into bikes now days though..

wish i still had my last Capri now, 3.1 V6 full race spec engine built by Burton, had the zak speed kit fitted with revolution wheels spax all round Jan speed full system and painted moon dust silver, even the engine was detailed and lots of chrome. was all pro built and was a cossie eater, used to do the run what ya brung 1/4 mile days, more into bikes now days though..

Iv had a MK1 1.3 the best ever lol, and a MK3 2.8 lazer with a cosworth yb205 block. I did start another project with a lexus v8 from a LS400 but it was to much hassle so i gave up lol

Gav

the spur gear is knacked but it dosent do anything anyway, the good one on the other side drives it, not sure on the engine bit its pretty small in size and has a odd air filter..

ill get some better pics up in a bit..

Looks like a very early Mardave.

In fact im almost certain.

Shares some design traits with their early on road models.

some were Surprisingly big for a 1/10

That shell is amazing!!!

She will make a beutifull shelf queen.

Edited by TerrorTrooper

i'll say its a mardave too, the engine either be an irvine or ops, its a 1/8. Use to have their maurder an itc tourer basic but fun :good:

72 mardave my browser playing up unsure if still available?