• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Check out my dual tank Thunder Tiger MTA4 S28!

ghuk

Hi guys

Thought I would post this, had trouble the other day working out what exactly was wrong with my MTA4 fuel tank. It simply wouldnt suck the fuel through. I couldnt see what the problem was so I ordered a new one from Modelsport. It was only when the new tank turned up that I discovered that the pipe had just came off inside.......whistling.gif

Anyway I've read on other sites about adding a 2nd tank so I thought I would give it a go as I now had one to spare! The only dilemma I had was working out where to fit the 2nd tank. I considered removing the carrying handle off the truck but I'm pretty sure that it gives it support when the truck rolls over and the last thing I wanted to do is damage the engine. Therefore the only place I could see thst it would fit was to put it a slight angle on the opposite side. I carefully drilled 3 holes through the plastic chassis and screwed the tank on.

You know what, it works!!! I'm really surpised that I managed to do it as well, check out the pics below

post-16588-127289224739_thumb.jpg

post-16588-127289227975_thumb.jpg

post-16588-127289232139_thumb.jpg

Only thing I have noticed is that you have to lean the high speed needle slightly when the 2nd tank has emptied of fuel. The mixture seems to richen and as result accleration feel a little sluggish. Just 1 x 1/8th turn of the high speed needle sorts this out.

Oh forgot to mention, I added some headlights as well....biggrin.gif

post-16588-127289234998_thumb.jpg

I'm looking to mod the truck a little more & I've just bought a steel spur gear off Ebay to replace that tacky plastic one that the MTA4 comes with. Was wondering what else I can do? Could I fit the Hammer S50 engine in the truck or would I need to replace a lot more parts?

Cheers

George

nice goingthere, maybe you could try adding one of the orion crf widgety things if you can find one might cure that richening/leaning problem. it keeps the pressure in the tank constant.

nice goingthere, maybe you could try adding one of the orion crf widgety things if you can find one might cure that richening/leaning problem. it keeps the pressure in the tank constant.

Cheers I'm always open to suggestions. This widget thing you are talking about, you got a link for it as I cant find it anywherehelpsmilie.gif

• 3 weeks later...

looks good, were did you get the jumbo kongs from and how much are they? i really want to get rid of the standard S28 rims and tyres.

cheers.

• 12 years later...