• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Post your Plane/Heli pictures!

Edit: Just made some more space by destroying my Stinger. Not sure what went wrong as I had no elevator control yet the elevator servo still seems to work fine. Checked the monitor screen on my DX6i and movement is smooth and consistent so no pot problem there. Oh well!

ouch :(

was you goin fast you could of been having blowback I.E were the servo doesnt have enough torque to push the surface also check the the horn attachies to the surface as it could of cracked

both senarios wont show there selfs whilst on the ground as there is no load on the surface

Was actually coming in to land when control was lost. Found the problem, the elevator channel on my DX6i is defective. It seems fine for ages and then goes into random spasms, with loss of centreing and the end points drift off. Sounds like the pot is duff so back to Horizon it goes!

Got fed up waiting for Horizon to get back to me so I fixed my DX6i myself and also calibrated the travel. I'll put up another thread for the cal procedure as it may be of interest to others.

It's been a bad week for my planes as today my jinxed Dago had another 'adventure'! This time the motor ripped the mount clean out in a fast turn and the battery and speed controller were ejected into the distance at over 100mph never to be seen again. Fortunatly the motor wires go through a hole in the fuselage so the motor stayed with the plane and it gently floated to the ground with no additional damage. Got home and fixed it up but that was a good battery and ESC I lost :(

• 1 month later...

wow that glider is HUGE!

you got enough planes there eh? ;)

The Ventus is only 2.6meters , small when it comes to scale glider class...

My friends house is where I did the build,thats only one corner of a large room :P

you wanna see the rest of the room and house,planes / gliders / Heli's.... EVERY WHERE....B) B) B) B) B)

My new Swift carbon/glass composite plane. Looks like a glider but it's more of a missile! Fastest thing I've ever flown and it actually scares me :) Wing is super strong and this plane turns like a pylon racer!

Motor is HET 2w-25 on 4 cell and it pulls 55 amps at over 800 watts.

Swift1.jpg

Swift3.jpg

Cheers Sean. For a Chinese made plane, the quality is excellent and the glass work is flawless!

Watched your video and that is great work on the pilot. Very creative! I have a lot of motor paragliders go over my house and have often thought about making a model one but I have no room left for more toys :)

Cheers Sean. For a Chinese made plane, the quality is excellent and the glass work is flawless!

Watched your video and that is great work on the pilot. Very creative! I have a lot of motor paragliders go over my house and have often thought about making a model one but I have no room left for more toys :)

The way the wind is at the moment ,think I'll be going for a Powered Paraglider...( PPG)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My new Swift carbon/glass composite plane. Looks like a glider but it's more of a missile! Fastest thing I've ever flown and it actually scares me smile.gif Wing is super strong and this plane turns like a pylon racer!

Motor is HET 2w-25 on 4 cell and it pulls 55 amps at over 800 watts.

Swift1.jpg

Swift3.jpg

FYI, the same set up as mine but on 5 cell has just been clocked at 308 kph or 191 mph :insane: I don't think there's a cheaper way to go this fast!

Lovin that Srimok! Just beautiful craftsmanship! :mf_dribble:

Here's my little fleet :003:

From the back...

Raptor 30 v2 Nitro (Just lovely to fly)

Tarot 450 Pro (Absolute animal)

Walkera V120D01 (Flybarless microness))

Blade mSR (Little indoor thug!)

Little 3ch (My first ever heli)

6370385443_689dd302fe.jpg

6370387295_64941c2277.jpg

Edited by Gymbal