• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SmugR`s Monster Crazy

SmugR

those wheels and tyres are HUGE! What are they!?

Ha ha knew you`d like these, thought you`d spotted them already.......

they are 55 series cen racing with sniper tyres, and they are lighter than the stock losi 420`s with atx tyres too, only just but still lighter!!

Suit the xxxl a treat, got the 2 sets so I think one set needs to go blackgood.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Small update been wrenching on another of my lst2`s, came to me in a bit of a state, so sorting it out, got some nice bits on it though, getting there.....

DSCF3140.jpg

Have added a new xxl transmission, dropped in the lrp motor, just a few screws to replace, renew the shock oil, fit a reverse servo and a few other small details and it`ll be ready to go......

Which is good because the erbe is out of action with a broken chassis and rear bulkheads, and the XXXL LST BL keeps popping rear diffssad.gif

Hey B, front bumper on the rear? Did it come like that? :whistling:

Been wrenching myself tonight, front end of the LST2 removed, cleaned, threadlocked and ready for some Hop-Ups to be installed! :D

Got a BAC link coming from Overdrive RC along with Dynamite long life clutch shoes and an RPM Sensor mount, also the TiNi High & Low Pinions & 30wt Shock Oil. :good:

Will start my own thread when I've got her back together.

Hey B, why are the shocks mounted on the outside of the Lower A-Arm?

Edited by JayJ

Hey B, front bumper on the rear? Did it come like that? whistling.gif

Been wrenching myself tonight, front end of the LST2 removed, cleaned, threadlocked and ready for some Hop-Ups to be installed! biggrin.gif

Got a BAC link coming from Overdrive RC along with Dynamite long life clutch shoes and an RPM Sensor mount, also the TiNi High & Low Pinions & 30wt Shock Oil. good.gif

Will start my own thread when I've got her back together.

Hey B, why are the shocks mounted on the outside of the Lower A-Arm?

Hey J,

Yeah this one has had some `interesting` wrenching done in the past, haven`t got to the shocks yet but it will be back to how it should be....maybe they were stuck for screws or something?? Everything I`ve done so far has been on the chassis side, both ends will be coming off for a strip, clean, lube, re assemble.

You`ve got a top spec build quietly gathering, will be good to see it come togethergood.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Well been a bit quiet on this thread...

So here is a little update.

The erbe has had a new chassis fitted, (got a spare too) and a fair few good thrashings since, and after checking out Guns`s bash spot in Torbay ish, is now needing some more tlc.

Did some Dyeing.... Which means onother erbe strip down and rebuild, got some treats for it too. 40 series Wabash look flipping great in black, although the you can just tell they were green before where the superglue is.

DSCF3240.jpg

Can`t decide yet, Losi Zombiemax or Hpi DirtBonz on these rims???

DSCF3284.jpg

Came up with a good idea to help stop this happening.... Which is quite a lot, you can swap them from one side to the other when they split, but I thought there must be a better way....

DSCF3279.jpg

Got tons of these spare and its perfect.

DSCF3278.jpg

Used the bulkhead brace to mark it up.

DSCF3280.jpg

Drilled it out and et voila!!! A bit rough, but its the prototype and I was in a hurry to go bash.

DSCF3281.jpg

For the next one, I`ll get my dremel back from the 1:1 workshop and a punch so I can get the holes bang on in the center and trim off the excess at each end.

Thought I`d treat my no2 lst2 basher to a fresh set of shocks and prep up some spares.

DSCF3272.jpg

DSCF3274.jpg

All done, 35wt oil, not that you`d guess with the bottle right there, new rc raven dual rate springsgood.gif The not so good news is I snapped a shock shaft within half a tank this afternoonsad.gif

DSCF3276.jpg

Had a couple of newcomers lately, here is one..... Not sure how I`m getting on with it yet, or if it`ll stay but you`ve got to try things out....

DSCF3263.jpg

Looking good mate, think you should dye those RPM's black though. My 2 pence!

Nice tip for the wing mount, thanks! :good:

Know where I can get some 23mm Hex 40 Series, Velocity or Wabash?

A Savage huh? Mmm wonder how long that'll survive a SmugR Bashing? lol

I've decided on a new project if I can sell the damn E-Revo roller, I'm gonna do a Muggified BL LST2.

Edited by JayJ

Nosmonkey, I've got some of these along with 8ight HD Outdrives in my parts box ready to do some bullet proof diffs, these inner diff cases are stronger than stock but lighter than alloy.

Haven't tried them yet but I've read they're better than the LST2 stocker and a perfect fit. ;)

smug are you using alloy inner diff cases?

Hey Nos, I do have some, but the last lost of diffs I prepped up I sed the 8ightb/t hd diff cases, have found that models in motion have them for a great price.

Nosmonkey, I've got some of these along with 8ight HD Outdrives in my parts box ready to do some bullet proof diffs, these inner diff cases are stronger than stock but lighter than alloy.

Haven't tried them yet but I've read they're better than the LST2 stocker and a perfect fit. wink.gif

Hey J, the xxl diffs you got should have the hd diff cases in already!!

Hey J, the xxl diffs you got should have the hd diff cases in already!!

Well you live and learn, hey fella! I should be good for diffs for a while then as I have three XXL diffs and four 8ight diff cases. :whistling:

B have you got any pics of the Muggified LST2? Would love to see it, pretty please?

Edited by JayJ

Okay J,

bar the wheels, this is exactly how it came to me, will be torn down and fully rebuilt eventually, but for now its sat up on the shelf.

DSCF3294.jpg

DSCF3286.jpg

DSCF3287.jpg

Theres carbon fibre under the dirt...

DSCF3288.jpg

DSCF3289.jpg

DSCF3290.jpg

DSCF3291.jpg

DSCF3292.jpg

DSCF3293.jpg

Cheers B, your a gent! :good:

So all I need to Muggify an LST2 is-

• Muggy Shocks
  • Muggy Shock Towers
  • Muggy Lower Arm Shock Mounts
  • Wing Mount Plate
  • Mugen MBX-5 Buggy Wing Mount

I feel a project coming on! :whistling:

Edited by JayJ

you have some collection bud, cant wait for the lst2 to arrive

whats this about losi 8 diff cases etc? mine will be on the work bench for a while whilst i source my sts 30 engine etc so i plan to strip and rebuild it a bit and any small improvements i can make to make it more reliable is a def must for me!

o and i so want an original losi lst2 shell

Edited by creamsodauk

Kris if you look at the pic in the link I posted you'll see the metal tabs, these go down the sides of the diff case to prevent the planetary gears bar/pin from damaging the plastic case like my stockers had done.

Edited by JayJ

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey

Just re-read this thread and can't believe the information in it is still current for those of us with LST2/XXL's and also those doing LST E conversions.

Where are you SmugR??? :rofl:

I miss the budgie smuggler sad.gif

Cheers Guys!!

I`m not active in rc these days, but don`t worry I havent got rid of any of the monsters!!!

Been playing with 1/1 stuff and sportsbikes, mainly building my track car and using it as it should be.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Thinking of thinning out the collection next year and getting down to about 4 trucks prob 2 lst`s and 2 revo`s.

Hope you guys are all having fun and keeping the LST movement going!!!

• 1 year later...

What's happening smug?!

Long time no see dude, I'm still running my lsts now and again, how's the mk2 track toy coming along?

Tidy!! There cant be that many keeping the LST movement going, the whole monster truck side of rc seems a little quiet at the moment.....

The mk2 above is tucked away, and I`m building another, with some very special bits and a few tricks up its sleeve too.

Still have all the mosnters, but do need to thin out a load of stuff, wheels tyres, engines, shells etc etc, getting the rc itch again, but have little time and fancy something new/different to entertain me. Liking the look of the axial exo, and always fancied a Losi ten-t.......or a buggy, or ...........

Whatcha got planned for the mk2? Still trying to get rid of a tornado red 16 valver mk2 so I can get properly started on this

DSCN1147_zps207fcbd3.jpg

I'm need need of some lst2 bits if you have any, that tiny brass bushing in the 2 speed can and the slipper lock nut

I'll have a look see what I've got....

Mk1 looks nice, what's the mk2 like?

New build is big turbo pd, with custom cages cage, limited slip, fibreglass tailgate, bonnet and roof, plus a few other bits and bobs.....