• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Got my Traxxas Summit

Joe Tosh

Yeah mate of course,if you get the right combo of course,the EVX2 isn't anything special and if say you used a MMM setup the ESC on those is far superior setup and function wise so it'd be just the same if not better with more precise control,you can only go as fast as the throttle allows and to make sure just use the one 11.1v Lipo or carry on with two 8.4v NiMh,I think 2 11.1v LiPos would pose too much in low gear and you lose the effect of it somewhat but damn it would be fast in high gear....laugh.gif

I'm sure thete will be someone along with a more concise answer as i'm no leccy guru,maybe Tim,Garry or even ask Squirrel over at Toyz forum,he has the MMM in his and likes it a lot,he did a few Youtube tutorials on the Summit with that very same Combo so check him out too dude,he knows his onions that guy but i'm certain Garry or Tim would be more well equiped to answer other than me....wink.gif

Not sure I'd go brushless on this one, those super soft tyres can't take anything over 25mph. Check out jetlag2222 on youtube, he's made loads of vids, inc one about doing a KD conversion on his Summit. Didn't work with the stock footwear, the compund is to soft and distorts at speed, causing severe wobble. However, there is a brushless combo out there that has profiles built in, nothing new there, except that one of the profiles is a rock crawling profile. That's a clever idea, although as I said before, 'I ain't doin no crawlin, it's to damn slow'. Can't remember who makes it, I'll try to find it.

Simple to put Revo wheels on for speed runs if wanted,takes all of 2 minutes to do and would give another option to add to an already versatile truck but i'm one of those who doesnt want it to go fast,its 22mph top speed is enough for trail running and bashing it about,I already have an uber fast Revo for speed and an even faster Havoc when it lands here today aswell as the Baja SS so a more docile model is a good thing to have for days when you just want to mess about crawling and trailing....biggrin.gif

Simple to put Revo wheels on for speed runs if wanted,takes all of 2 minutes to do and would give another option to add to an already versatile truck but i'm one of those who doesnt want it to go fast,its 22mph top speed is enough for trail running and bashing it about,I already have an uber fast Revo for speed and an even faster Havoc when it lands here today aswell as the Baja SS so a more docile model is a good thing to have for days when you just want to mess about crawling and trailing....biggrin.gif

Yup, that's what I'm gettin it for, got 2 brushless Revos, 2650 and 2200 Kv. Superb trucks.

Yup, that's what I'm gettin it for, got 2 brushless Revos, 2650 and 2200 Kv. Superb trucks.

Gotta love Traxxas models,even their packaging is eye candy and no one can doubt the Revo's success and the T-Maxx is legendary now,first mass produced decent MT,fastest RTR onroad at the time and now the innovation in the Summit,deffo my favourite company along with CEN who pale in comparison really but I love the Genesis,Nemesis and MG16.....Happy Birthday to Mr Clive,hope you have a top day bud....wink.gif

Thanks for useful info guys!

In the meantime, this is turning into a real nightmare.... :(:(

I just got back from the shop (200 km drive up and down) and again 20L of diesel and an evening wasted, all for nothing :errok:

The replacement RX they sent to the shop doesn't work either :banghead:

I had to leave it behind. They are gonna send the Summit to the importer to have it fixed.

So again, this WE no bashing yet... pfff :confused:

Thanks for useful info guys!

In the meantime, this is turning into a real nightmare.... sad.gifsad.gif

I just got back from the shop (200 km drive up and down) and again 20L of diesel and an evening wasted, all for nothing errok.gif

The replacement RX they sent to the shop doesn't work either banghead.gif

I had to leave it behind. They are gonna send the Summit to the importer to have it fixed.

So again, this WE no bashing yet... pfff confused.gif

I hope they dont expect you to drive their again to collect it. i would tell them you want it delived.

I hope they dont expect you to drive their again to collect it. i would tell them you want it delived.

Of course not, I got pretty angry and they are gonna send it to me after it's been fixed.

Because I'm really fed up with it, I asked to take it back and for a refund, but they wouldn't accept that.

So I asked for a commercial compensation for all the trouble and extra costs. They were quite reluctant at first but I insisted, so we'll see. :rolleyes:

In belgium there's this saying: well, sayings do no translate well but I'll have a go :D

"You've already got a No, a Yes you could get" :)

Well, to my surprise I got it back today! It stood on the porch when I got home :whistling:

No apology email, no letter included, no compensation whatsoever for the costs I made... nothing :rolleyes:

But it works! ^_^

I had a short drive in the garden in the dark.

OMG, that thing is just crazy! :lol:

It's got a lot of torque and it grips & brakes like hell with those giant wheels! :good: There's an immense body roll but it adds to the fun! :P

I ran it on just 2 x 7.2V Nimh packs and already the speed and power is just fun enough for bashing around!

I guess with the 2s lipo's I got coming in, it'll be more than fine! :)

Just this one more thing : :angry:

When I returned to the shop with the problem last week, the bloke there, who's been the shop owner for 20 years, managed to short circuit one of my batteries with a multimeter :banghead:

He was trying to get a read under load and managed to connect the + and - on the deans connector with his multimeter probes, resulting in a small fire and a faulty deans connector now! You schmuck! tongue1.gif

I had just soldered them on, I can start over!!

That's one shop where I won't set foot anymore, ever! :angry: (at least if the summit will keep working)

You know what the problem was? A faulty servo, the receiver was fine :wacko:

Hope the nightmare's over now! :)

I appreciate its a completey different style of truck to use, But its not really a hell of a lot different to the E-Revo in Size, Looks etc

Oh yeah that, I misread your post. I thought the E-revo was putting you off.

Well, I read that you're after a crawler, so it might be a good choice. It ain't no real crawler, but it does all sort of things pretty good, that's why I got one! :)

If I already had an E-revo I would be in doubt too, or get rid of it.

Oh yeah that, I misread your post. I thought the E-revo was putting you off.

Well, I read that you're after a crawler, so it might be a good choice. It ain't no real crawler, but it does all sort of things pretty good, that's why I got one! smile.gif

If I already had an E-revo I would be in doubt too, or get rid of it.

Yo, yo, yo, Mr Tosh, I got mine on order, how good are they? No speed demons, I know, but a good package all round?

Yo, yo, yo, Mr Tosh, I got mine on order, how good are they? No speed demons, I know, but a good package all round?

Congratz, if it works out of the box, you'll be happy I guess! :D

Well, tbh I've only driven it twice tonight for the first time, but first impressions are awesome! :P

It's no speed demon indeed, but it doesn't need to be really, in fact it's faster and has more grunt than I expected, so all good in the power department!

The grunt is quite amazing, it really rips up the yard. Backing up and then full throttle forward flips it on it's back. I suppose you'd be used to those things with an E-revo though.

The suspension travel is so large and smooth it looks to absorb anything on it's path, well aided by the soft tires. It does lift the inner rear wheel on tight cornering but it's fun! :good:

Did some crawling in low gear over a pile of bricks I have near the house and it copes just fine.

I guess it's the ultimate RC car to take with you on vacation! :)

Congratz, if it works out of the box, you'll be happy I guess! biggrin.gif

Well, tbh I've only driven it twice tonight for the first time, but first impressions are awesome! tongue.gif

It's no speed demon indeed, but it doesn't need to be really, in fact it's faster and has more grunt than I expected, so all good in the power department!

The grunt is quite amazing, it really rips up the yard. Backing up and then full throttle forward flips it on it's back. I suppose you'd be used to those things with an E-revo though.

The suspension travel is so large and smooth it looks to absorb anything on it's path, well aided by the soft tires. It does lift the inner rear wheel on tight cornering but it's fun! good.gif

Did some crawling in low gear over a pile of bricks I have near the house and it copes just fine.

I guess it's the ultimate RC car to take with you on vacation! smile.gif

Thanks Joe, looking forward to mine even more now!good.gif