• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mini E REVO VXL

daza

Hi all

life must be easy if my only dilemma is should i or shouldnt i get a Mini E revo vxl!

What i would kindly like off yourselves if possible is the good points and the bad points of this little RC.

The only thing that puts me off is that i have read that a few people are changing the suspension and other parts of the vehicle to make it a decent RC or is that not the case.

I am very close at buying one i would just really appreciate your HONEST opinion.

many thanks

daz

From what I've seen, and no I don't own one myself, owners seem to fall into two camps:

Those who see it as a little tiny Revo love its speed, engineering and general silliness.

Those who thought it would be a go-anywhere speed machine are a bit disappointed, mostly as its not much smaller than a 1/10th buggy and performs no better either*

* compared to a 4wd buggy with a brushless motor. Of course its faster than a stock MadBull! And yes, the Kyosho DBX-VE and Thunder Tiger Sparrowhawk XXB cost the same price so its a fair comparison.

Edited by Si Coe

Its a cracking little RC.

Fast as hell (Perhaps verging on overpowered on 11.1V LiPo's) and pretty tough for its size.

I would highly reccomend it..

Stock, it is a good truck! to be fair, its decent for a RTR.

The stock shocks are a little spongey and with 2 batts it does suffer from some squat..

And theres certainly room for some hop-ups as some stock parts are a little sloppy..

Thankfully, hop ups are cheap for this truck.

Frankly, i wouldnt let something small like the shocks put me off..

• Like 2

Its a cracking little RC.

Fast as hell (Perhaps verging on overpowered on 11.1V LiPo's) and pretty tough for its size.

I would highly reccomend it..

Stock, it is a good truck! to be fair, its decent for a RTR.

The stock shocks are a little spongey and with 2 batts it does suffer from some squat..

And theres certainly room for some hop-ups as some stock parts are a little sloppy..

Thankfully, hop ups are cheap for this truck.

Frankly, i wouldnt let something small like the shocks put me off..

I would agree with this and think it is a great little truck. Most of us have switched stuff because we like playing and modding stuff :D

My mods so far are just tweaking suspension with new springs and oils and adding an Rx for my radio gear. The stock shocks are a bit rubbish and leak which is why they get replaced and modded.

I like the fact I can stick it in the boot of my car under the false floor and take it out with me. My Sparrowhawk is just a bit to large for that. However, it does have it's limitations but that is why it makes a great second model

yes you need to put better shocks etc wheels tyres etc all the hop ups you will have to buy i got 1 for xmas there ace but you need lipo battery on top and a lipo charger . plus all the hop ups are from the usa or you can buy traxxas hop ups but there a nice price

Edited by simon burrows

Don't forget that a Slash is a lot longer than a buggy - about 5-6cm longer in fact and a good 3 more than a Rustler.

Edited by Si Coe

I recieved mine this morning and my 6yold lad and me had a play on the road in the snow jumping off the snow mounds/ ramps we built for it and kerbs etc.

Ran it on 1 supplied battery and also in training mode (for the ladwhistling.gifwhistling.gif ) so we could get used to it.

Initial observations are its very stable and handles well even on snow/ice, it seems a little soft on the suspension and bogs a bit, but not ideal testing conditions.

Speed wise, considering we were at about 25% power (against 2 bats in series), its pretty dam impressive, plenty for my lad initially and for the conditions.

Overall i am very impressed, build quality is spot on, and everything was fastened in correctly nothing was loose.

this thing must be insane on lipos in series blush.gif

Will try it with 2 stock batteries in series when the cable and new charger arrives, i think that will be plenty for us for now.....

Oh i would just like to praise JE Spares for amazing service, ordered yesterday at 1600 and it arrived this morning at 0845 with free postage as well. good.gif

Mike

there good i have got 1 for xmas i just got lipos for mine there way fast downing backflips etc and just got a boat load of spare part of here . and just got a wheelie bar and placing a order for some hop ups like shock s and rods etc too much to list as there good little truck tongue.gif