• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

micro boats need answers

Tamiyacowboy

well guys after a hard nights cruising the internet i have found another micro rc i must get

a micro rc boat

i have seen these micro f1 race boats these are quick and small (9inch max length) and are fully proportional opporated and self righting.they also run 300-400 motors and 6-8 /2-3a cell packs.

has anyone ever owned one ?

what is the handling like ?

can they be mambafied ?

any needed mods before racing EG: surface piercing props,brass rudder,water cooling?

as we all know the mamba is the killer motor of rc trucks and micro cars and i could do with another member to my 18th scale family of misfits.

may also swap a tamiya shelf queen TA03F-S (becoming rare now too) but these boats have to be in imaculate order and 1/18th scale

TC

taken from the web site

he Mini Star is a miniature R/C electric speed boat. Just 13 inches long! This virtually unsinkable race boat exhibits a special ultra-stable, self righting design. The Mini Star displays the best of European design influences. Its maneuverability and speed makes it perfect for Eco-class racing. Powered by a 380 stock motor and a 7.2 volts 900mA/h it reaches speeds of over 15mph for 8 to 10 min. It comes completely assembled including motor and color decals. The Mini Star only requires an R/C radio and battery

as you can see 15mph is fast but whack a mamba 8000 bullet boat all ya need is your mamba the esc and a rx :D:D

TC

SO HAS ANYONE GOT ONE i am willing to swap a 1/10 or maybe a 1/18th scale for it :D

best thing is you got nothing to shread like diffs i would go for it

and as it has like nothing to break what will cost alot i would want it even more

gonna make any floating jupms for it

I can't find there card anywhere on my desk and there website is so hard to find I will find it though it will turn up lol. This site is very interesting for fast small boats http://www.microhydros.com/ should keep you going in the mean time <ahttp://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png' alt=':P'> You'll prob find it hard to find cooling for the mamba, http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/articles/wa...ling_jacket.htm this is the best way to get water cooling and can be custum built for the mamba.

Edited by Hpi_matrix_stock

• 3 months later...