• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Photography!

richhrly

Virtual Dub is by far my favourite since you load in the first image in the sequence and it loads in the rest. Can then mess around with frame rates etc. It does create an insanely huge output video though so make sure you have space. 

Do you have adobe lightroom? If so there is a free plugin you can get to compose a timelapse.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Yup, have lightroom. Do you have a link to the plug in?

I've used Windows Movie Maker to string the pictures together. It works well enough, and the price is right (free). Just takes a bit of messing around to get the frame rate just right.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm on Mac. I don't think my old Windoze laptop would be able to handle 3000 photos!

Virtual Dub is by far my favourite since you load in the first image in the sequence and it loads in the rest. Can then mess around with frame rates etc. It does create an insanely huge output video though so make sure you have space. 

Again, seems windows only :( Thanks anyway though!

Few more from me, getting out a lot more even though it's kinda freezing lol.

IMG_9938_1_zps3de9cf13.jpg

A black and white conversion of the above

IMG_9938_2_zpsc17826ea.jpg

And a Duck

IMG_9951_1_zps7d878d5d.jpg

@Harry, I tried to PM you but you can't receive new messages. I need some help with regards to Flickr and posting to this forum.

Took the new cam outdoors today and with a few friends, I think I am content to say the Sony 55 1.8 is my new best friend. :)

12273493684_963ee43f15_c.jpg

12273215663_10ab4cf14b_c.jpg

Just got the Lightroom plug in for 30FPS, and am starting the worlds least interesting timelapse!

FCP can stitch it, and then you can do speed ramps and that. You can also get a free trial of FCP X from the webby

Also liking the Boxter shot!

Edited by richhrly

APPLAUSE ;). I've been doing some vid work for a client on it, so shout me if you need any tips.

Liking Heron and Touchdown, Carl!

I imported the files into it and couldn't work out how to change the frame duration, so gave up. Too many buttons.

TBH, Lightroom will be just fine for what I need. I'll drop you a line if that changes though, thanks for the offer!

clever kits i must admit, rich is right, they are usually a key ammo in a timelapse photographers weapon.

they can be expensive some rails cost lots of money, but homemade stuff can do just as good.

couple of stepper motors and a cheap rasberry pi/arduino controls the ramping speed/duration

and can also trigger the camera to. for the rails people use cheap chromo tube and ball bearings

Dynamic perception did an MX2 ramping controller, did everything from one small black box.

but there kit is expensive stuff but gives mindblowing timelapse

clever kits i must admit, rich is right, they are usually a key ammo in a timelapse photographers weapon.

they can be expensive some rails cost lots of money, but homemade stuff can do just as good.

couple of stepper motors and a cheap rasberry pi/arduino controls the ramping speed/duration

and can also trigger the camera to. for the rails people use cheap chromo tube and ball bearings

Dynamic perception did an MX2 ramping controller, did everything from one small black box.

but there kit is expensive stuff but gives mindblowing timelapse

Not talking about motion, just about speeding up a static timelapse. You can do pan and zoom with a static camera too, which can make things a bit more interesting.

Put a deposit down on my first ever Canon lenses today  :thumbsup:

An 18-55is and a Sigma 55-200. Nowt special but at least it means I'll be able to get out shooting with my 20D  :yes:

Put a deposit down on my first ever Canon lenses today  :thumbsup:

An 18-55is and a Sigma 55-200. Nowt special but at least it means I'll be able to get out shooting with my 20D  :yes:

Cracking stuff.  Nothing better than being able to get out and shoot.

I just bought another studio flash head tonight and also put an order to hire a Canon 24-70 F2.8 MkII in march for a wedding so looking forward to trialling that beast of a lens out.

Cracking stuff.  Nothing better than being able to get out and shoot.

I just bought another studio flash head tonight and also put an order to hire a Canon 24-70 F2.8 MkII in march for a wedding so looking forward to trialling that beast of a lens out.

Nice Stupar :) I've got the Mk1 (although a dog of one!) and it's a cracking lens.