• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hands up if you're over 35 and own a nitro?

Dulux

Im 30 next month so i've got some catching up to do with you old boys ;)

well I think when ur in the mid 30's and got kids u get the rc telling the wife it's for the boy to play with when really it's for us cause where the biggist kids going :lol:

I'm 38, well I will be in about five days :rolleyes:

Got my first nitro car this Christmas, wanted one since I saw an electric 'pro' buggy about 28 years ago!

Made do with real cars until now, at least this hobby allows you to make ajdustments/upgrades in the warm and in front of the telly :lol:

I'm 30 tomorrow but I thought I was the only person over 20 years old! It's nice to know I've got a few more years bashing to go...

Shade,

With an RC list like that I take it you're not married?

41 in March and will be in my 26th year with RC,the last 22 with nitros including boats,started off like most with a Tamiya,it was the Frog and i've never looked back,well I have,at getting another Frog for nostalgia purposes.... :D

I've just bought a Tamiya TNX 5.2R and that's my first Tamiya since I bought a new Wild Willy's jeep back in 1982! I had that for 20 years! I feel old now :) It's good to see that this hobby appeals to people of all ages and why shouldn't it! I would hate to get older and not have a hobby that really sparks my imagination and creativity!

Edited by wastegate

sadly, im in the younger bracker of 30 (just turned).. going on 40..

Been into RC since my late teens...

Doubt i will ever leave the hobby..

Its awesome no matter what age you are..

Terror,

How's Bridgend these days?? I was born in Brecon but now live in Bucks

Married

2x Kids

First RC ever purhcased 2 weeks ago.

Too many hobbies now..

Westfield Car

AO for Westfield Sports Car Club

Marine Fish Keeping

DVD/Bluray collector

Photography

And plenty of other blokes gadgets.

:helpsmilie:

Major,

Blimey! I used to keep Marine fish. Had skimmers, 2 huge filters, RO unit, UV filter, and Halides (sp?). A lot of work though but ultimately beautiful fish to watch.

32 this year and used to race electric for fun when I was around 12 years old. Bought a Nitro RS4/2 about 6 years ago, used it for a few months until it broke and then it just gathered dust in the loft.

I have just got it back out and I'm hoping to get it running again, so I'll be on here nagging people for help and advice. Just waiting for a glow starter to arrive so I can see if it will fire up (the pull starter seems to be stuck aswell)

Anyone know where I can get some instructions from?

I feel a little out of my depth with these ;)