• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Bike

timaaay

I did say a while ago that I would make a thread on my bikes, and seeing as I'm trying to sell one I thought I better get you lot some pics up while I still have it!.

p1010106ka9.th.jpg

This is my '86 Honda TLR 250 R. Great bike, quite rare and being 4 stroke its really smooth, but it does weigh 100 kg dry! Soon to be sold to fund a new gasgas or sherco ( a montesa would be my dream, but they are rather on the expensive side.

Also I have a BMW F650GS Dakar (and the american version at that, the black and white one). Again, rather rare. Havn't got any pictures of that as yet and It's under about 3 bike sheets and 12 locks in my garage :lol:

This was my dads...I wish it was mine! Anybody who claims to know their bikes should be able to tell what it is.

dscn0389bc1.th.jpg

this my yoke

Bishops_Clubmans_08232008-033_DSC_9.jpg

A Gixxer thou? Atleast it is being put to good use and not being rode by a weekend warrior that is scared of corners :lol:

Timaaay - Only bit of trials riding i have done is on a push bike :lol: That old bike is a Vincent Black Shadow i believe :ph34r:

The last bike i owned was a Bandit 400 (pre VVT model)...was my first big bike i owned (not the first i rode however) until i went and crashed into a pole (not the metal type...a human type in a car lol)

Edited by Captain_Caveman

Timaaay - Only bit of trials riding i have done is on a push bike :lol: That old bike is a Vincent Black Shadow i believe :ph34r:

:good: You gots it! I like that pic as it's just on the edge of the shadow of the house ^_^

Anybody do any off roading then? Trials or otherwise.

Edited by timaaay

I've done quite a big of quadding and a bit of enduro. Never owned by own enduro though so i didn't want to go mad on someone elses bike.

Would love to do it again but will have to wait until i fully heal before i venture into the wild :ph34r:

I've done quite a big of quadding and a bit of enduro. Never owned by own enduro though so i didn't want to go mad on someone elses bike.

Would love to do it again but will have to wait until i fully heal before i venture into the wild :ph34r:

Trials ;) Low speed and more about control

Hey guys, having just turned 16 a few months ago i'm new to the scene and only allowed a 50cc.. bit of a bummer

but heres my ride.. old and unreliable :D but can still beat the pants of a modern 50cc moped

IMG_1021Large.jpg

I think its a bike that has character, but i still look forward to getting a 125 sept next year, thinking of a Yamaha 125ybr, the one with the faring on the front.

Edited by Evil_Sheep

Sorry to burst your bubble but regardless of the bikes age, it still has to be restricted to 31mph (50kph) until you turn 17 (then you are restricted to 14.6hp)

And it may be a restricted 55mph, but on a bike of that age with a very basic speedo you will be looking at a realistic 40 at the very most ;)

So if that bike can do more than 31mph then you are riding out of the terms of your license, your insurance is invalid so if you get pulled and they find out its not restricted then expect atleast a 12 month ban.

But saying that, my moped was de-restricted as its a lot safer as you can go with the flow of traffic on 30 and 40 roads. But sitll be careful around coppers ;)

No, theres loopholes, and we checked with the DVLA and they seem to think its fine.

Because of its age they said back then it didnt need to be de-restricted and that it still applys

Also regarding old mopeds with pedals, it doesnt need them.

"it can be moved by pedals, if the moped was first used before 1 September 1977"

Made in 1970, but first registered in 1983

Its also down on the documents as a motorcycle, not a moped, but again, asking the Dvla they said it was fine :confused:

Hehe and i know about the speeds, but its a little over 40mph, we checked it with another bike riding behind at the same speed

Edited by Evil_Sheep

If the logbook says motorcycle then you aren't insured technically.

At 16 you can ONLY ride a moped. The definition of a moped is that it is restricted to 31mph (50mph) and doesn't exceed 50cc (thats why most mopeds are around 49.7cc)

Back in 'the day', you could ride a 250cc at 17 on L plates. Doesn't mean that you can now. Laws change and they are there for a reason. So even if you asked someone at the DVLA (that was just probably a minimum waged call centre monkey) it doesn't mean that you are abiding by the law, or that your insurance is valid.

If you are involved in an accident and the insurance find your bike to not be restricted to 31mph then you won't get paid out (they will still pay out the third party, but then they will come after you for the costs) and you can expect atleast a 12 month ban.

It doesn't matter whether they came restricted or not. The mopeds sold in this country and manufactured full power, they are only restricted by the manufacturer because they are coming to this country.

Head over to www.bikechatforums.com and ask on there, i'm sure they will give you the same answer as me ;)

You don't happen to go to rivi do you Mr T?

That Geeperz looks awfully familiar ^_^

I was a regular,all the guys from the club and me went up Rivvie a hell of a lot,can't beat the burgers.... ;)