• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RCSammys Rustler

rcsammy

the 9L is running great, had it since around october, still on the same bearings and it runs smooth still

too much power really on 3S but thats what makes it fun :P yer thats a rcm heatsink, had to grind most of the fins off to get it to fit but the motor runs very cool anyway. its more to stop the ends popping off :lol:

have you tried running a BEC and extra caps? the guy i got my MM off used to run it on 5S and said he used the BEC, 4 extra caps and a fan to keep it cool. it was snellemin actually, you might of seen him around the rcm forums

i have bought a 2200 combo already for my crt so i may try the esc from that to see what it's like but i would be able to get a good deal on the 5s esc so i will probably just go for that....

EDIT: do you think the 8L is able to take 5s for speed runs?

Edited by electric

should do, my 9L runs 120*F on 3S geared 13/40 when i went up to 15/40 it ran at 130*F doing speed runs

do you know anywhere apart from hobbycity to get zippy-r lipos? they only sell smaller mah ones now

or anywhere to get decent cheap lipos i guess

should do, my 9L runs 120*F on 3S geared 13/40 when i went up to 15/40 it ran at 130*F doing speed runs

do you know anywhere apart from hobbycity to get zippy-r lipos? they only sell smaller mah ones now

or anywhere to get decent cheap lipos i guess

i got my zippy-r's off ebay but they don't sell them as you say anymore and i don't think anywhere has the higher MAH ones anymore

zippy flightmax's have got some good reviews ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

broke my shock tower last week while filing this:

so thought i would make one out of the plastic Mr T gave me(thanks Carl ;) )

it came out pretty well considering the only tools used were a hacksaw, file and then obviously a drill and tap set

i decided to connect the tower at the top to stop it flexing like the stock one

had to make one hole slightly larger as i drilled it a bit off :lol: but other than that its all good

it seems pretty strong but im sure i will find out soon, if it holds up i will start on a rear one.

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

You done well making that with the tools you have access to :good::good::good:

But..... What is it made from?? Is it perspex?? (polycarbonate). If it is - it might be a bit brittle for the job :confused:

edit:

and put a radius on those internal square cuts at the bottom - will help prevent cracking

Edited by HappyLad

• 2 weeks later...

another small update

anyone who runs the traxxas wheelie bar will know how the bottom mount pops off the chassis and sticks into the ground after a bit of running and i also snapped mine so i decided to try the RPM wheelie bar mount(also the mount for the slash bumpers)

im pretty impressed with t really, uses every mount point possible at the back, only thing was the screws provided were only long enough to thread about 3mm into the plastic which i didnt think would hold so i swapped them for some longer ones

i also managed to bend both front turnbuckles making that rustler video so i ordered some associated blue titanium ones, they are pretty skinny but should hold up

anyway... the compulsary pic:

DSC00246.jpg

Edited by rcsammy