• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RCSammys Rustler

rcsammy

thought i would get some pics up of my rustler :D

now it doesnt look pretty its just a pure basher, made from whatever spares i have that are still working, it was originaly a slash but i wasnt happy with how the slash handled with brushless so its now a rustler and its much better

upgrades so far are aluminum bellcrank and castor blocks, FLM CVDs, Losi 8ight shocks, RPM bumper, swami bar

the brushless setup is a MM with fan, bec and caps, feigao 9L, zippy R 3S lipo

do you like me shell :P

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

Edited by rcsammy

how does the 9l compare to the vxl motor? and how cool does it stay with the BEC/ fan. also what "caps" are you using?

its got alot of power, its geared at 13/40 at the moment and the motor runs around 120*F and the ESC 60-70*F which is amazing as its actually cooler than when it starts off. im using 4 330uf 35V caps wired in series off the battery wires

Very nice, tell me is the "no smoking" sign there as a laugh or is it serious :rolleyes::lol: , either way like the windscreen its different

lol just found it so decided to stick it on... i guess it could mean no smoke from overheating electrics... or no smoke from nitros or somthin

the shoelace is just there to strengthen it up a bit, the previous owner cut out the windscreen to get more cooling

I just noticed the Slash radio box, does it fit right up fine?

Hellloooo?

A RADIO BOX!! I WANT 1!!!!

Does look intresting....

How does the wheelie bar hold up?

I've not broken 1 in a while for once :o

Ziggy

I just noticed the Slash radio box, does it fit right up fine?

yer i had to cut the front part of it off where it seals around the wires to make it waterproof otherwise it wont fit

im not going in the wet with this so it doesnt matter

and i just drilled 2 holes in the chassis and screwed it the chassis like how it mounts on the slash

i have seen people mount them on the front upper deck before aswell, works and keeps it waterproof but isnt as nice imo

Hellloooo?

A RADIO BOX!! I WANT 1!!!!

Does look intresting....

How does the wheelie bar hold up?

I've not broken 1 in a while for once :o

Ziggy

the swami bar is great, it was on there when i got the truck

only problems i have/had was the screws which the wheels mount on have bent, but not too bad as im still using them

and the stock wheels cracked and the tyres fell off, so i got some from my lhs for

would u be able to get some piks of what you mean cutting bits off it?

I mean i've got my DVD + Hot glue + electrical tape box :)

Mind u.... i've thought of doing a Clear one soon :)

Alot smaller and lower down :)

Ziggy

• 1 month later...

ok, heres an update on my rustler

i have done a wide mod on the front using slash/Nrustler rear arms so its now the same width as the rear, so i can now use offset wheels all round and it still looks normal

got some new shoes, got some gladiators coming too

and desert rat shell, its actually pink and black but looks orange in the pictures. was going to do a carbon fibre effect on bonnet and silver roll bars but realised i had no paint and couldnt be bothered to get any more :lol:DSC00113.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

the glads and wheels came today, was expecting it to take longer as i havnt heard too many good things about wheelspin but they were pretty good really

well i just got another pic with them on, all glued up... probably the worst job at glueing tyres i have ever done

DSC00118.jpg

if you cant control your throttle then yes they are bad offroad, especially if you dont put some thick grease in the diff

even with useless tyres mine does quite well offroad and aslong as its not really loose dirt or sand you just thrittle it and the tyres balloon and launch you out :lol:

unfortunatly its been pretty wet this weekend so didnt get a chance to test the tyres, will report back when i do though

hopefully with some action shots or a video

if you cant control your throttle then yes they are bad offroad, especially if you dont put some thick grease in the diff

even with useless tyres mine does quite well offroad and aslong as its not really loose dirt or sand you just thrittle it and the tyres balloon and launch you out :lol:

unfortunatly its been pretty wet this weekend so didnt get a chance to test the tyres, will report back when i do though

hopefully with some action shots or a video

Sand - without paddles or Sumet sort of paddle/vary pattern ties on tyres it'd did :P

I did slope climbing with the ruslter

And thats all about throttle control, getting it steady so u dont loose traction is HARD

Even worse on ice....

Ziggy

well i took it out today, was wet but the geolanders still gripped amazingly on wet grass and onroad

and its so much more stable with the wide mod, can turn full speed(which is pretty fast :lol: ) and it just slides not flips over

found small hump and done some pretty small jumps and landed on the shell a couple of times, the back around the spoiler is no cracked pretty bad and i bent the rear body pin so much i had to cut it to get it off, i think the proline shell is a bit too thick and seems to crack instead of flex

the landing wasnt that bad and was on wet pretty soft grass :/