• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

is this any good?

herp_boi

is this any good? Surely the engine is too big for it!

hobao light weight alloy hubs,

hobao front and rear bumpers,

hyper 7 rear wing and support,

hobao Triple shoe clutch,

hyper 7 off road wheels set of six,

NEW force .46 8hp engine. not yet run it yet.

hyper 8.5 centre diff with twin brake conversion,

hyper 7 fuel tank with fuel filter and grit gard.

hobao large air filter

cv gaiter boots fitted

ofna anti roll bar fitted

hong-nor brake ballance control adjuster fitted

kyosho tuned exhaust

in a as new condition.

it does have the normal scrapes on chassis.

info on engine........

Force 46 Car engine

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w31/355858/663a_1.jpg

it is my mates, and would like to know if it would be fast, and reliable?

Cheers Nick

Can't see it being that fast,the .46 Force don't rev as high as a .21,say around 23-28k,they're more for torque than speed and in my opinion way too big for a buggy and they have nowhere near 8hp,they are only rated at 4.8hp and thats being generous in my opinion,but the rest of it seems fine.... ;)

Can't see it being that fast,the .46 Force don't rev as high as a .21,say around 23-28k,they're more for torque than speed and in my opinion way too big for a buggy and they have nowhere near 8hp,they are only rated at 4.8hp and thats being generous in my opinion,but the rest of it seems fine.... ;)

o you think it will work ok though? I mean will it be as fast as the .21? and will it damage the chassis with the extra power?

Cheers Nick

o you think it will work ok though? I mean will it be as fast as the .21? and will it damage the chassis with the extra power?

Cheers Nick

it definately wont damage the chassis unless you crash at full throttle the only think that its most likely to damage are the diffs and possibly the driveshafts. But it shouldnt.

the larger engine will be faster to accelerate as it has more power to spin up quickly. The smaller engine such as a decent .21 will still accelerate plenty fast enough and will give you a better top end as they rev higher. In racing buggies all use .21 size engines, it's the rules to do so, but it shows that they are more than capable of pushing a 1/8th buggy around.

The torque from the larger engine you have may cause reliability problems within the diff and other areas of the drive train.