• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

stripped screw

575 racer

in abit of a tiz, one of the screws that holds the motor in on the slash has stripped :helpsmilie: means i cant get the motor out, and it has a really bad mesh so i cant even drive it :o any ideas of how to get it out?

btw, ive used the search, couldnt come up with anything:/

Yeah but if its a motor screw it will only be an m3, good luck finding a decent quality screw extractor that small (buy a cheap oe that small and it will break inside the screw, and then you will have trouble getting the screw out)

Easiest option is to try super glueing an allen key in it as previously said. But dont use a decent allen driver, use an old crappy L shaped allen key.

If that fails, clear out the hex in the top and try using an 'equivalent' imperial sized allen key, you will find that they are ever so slightly bigger, but sometimes just big enough to bite the screw and loosen it.

Yeah but if its a motor screw it will only be an m3, good luck finding a decent quality screw extractor that small (buy a cheap oe that small and it will break inside the screw, and then you will have trouble getting the screw out)

Easiest option is to try super glueing an allen key in it as previously said. But dont use a decent allen driver, use an old crappy L shaped allen key.

If that fails, clear out the hex in the top and try using an 'equivalent' imperial sized allen key, you will find that they are ever so slightly bigger, but sometimes just big enough to bite the screw and loosen it.

fair enough mate. just an idea :)

hayden

Aye i know, its a good idea but i would generally only do it on larger screws/bolts, just think how small the extractor would have to be to fit in a 3mm screw.

We're taking of about 1.5mm, would be very very brittle (they are made of HSS or tool steel) I have broke them trying to get m10/m12 bolts out before and they were fairly decent extractors.

i tried the superglue method, left it overnight to dry tho, came back the next day, twisted and the allen key came straight out :o im gona go try again, im thinking its just bonded to surface rust but not too sure :(

ive found another one... im getting this mofo out one way or another, its probs going to come out not looking like a screw at all tbh but its better than throwing the transmission and motor away and buying new.