• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

best nitro 1/10 tc for engine upgrade?

c0sie

which nitro tc has the best and most robust drivetrain would you say?.

if you had a race .12 and the cash for a tc what would you put it in?

just a curious question to a small idea i have.

ta.

[ps: car must have a version that has adjustables like camber etc-turnbuckles..]

Well, im sligtly biased, i have the schumacher r12, witha new engine sitting here on the side wating to be put in, the engine is the RB Rody tuned .12 which is a monster. Its a very good car but does have some weak parts. But Mugen have got some very nice kits out there, various prices, One that is giving some stiff competition is MTX3. It all depends on price and needs. The MTX3 come bare and any thing you need engine Engine, Radio gear, Tuned pipe, Starter box... Ect you are talking £270 then engine extra £200 for a reasonable qaulity one, But the mugen is very fast and agile.

Go for the HPI nitro RS4 3 type SS, car has 2 speed tranny, adjustable turnbuckles, shaft driven but no engine so you get to choose what goes in it! The kit itself retails at about £170. For serious racing though go for the HPI R40, this car is loaded man!

i got the thunder tiger TS4n V2 PRO (with silver plate not black) it comes with a .12ps engine and everything is adjustble as standerd plus i think it is a very fast car and it wips my HPI RS3 4 big time.

Description:

Factory assembled, with finished bodyshell & R/C installed. New improved spec: 3mm polished chassis, 2 speed transmission, metal shocks, fully ballraced. Glo Starter with charger, 5 way wrench and 510cc fuel bottle included.

Manufacturer: Thunder Tiger

Powered: Nitro

Vehicle: Rally

Scale: 1:10

Drive: 4WD

Chassis: TS-4n V2 Pro

Engine: Thunder Tiger Pro .12 Pull-start engine

at msuk have a sale for £200 RTR (cheeper then when i got mine at the time :unsure: )

here are some shells and wheels you get with it too

tt6180f35a_b.jpg

tt6180f34a_b.jpg

tt6180f37a_b.jpg

tt6180f33a_b.jpg

tt6167-f32_b.jpg

tt6167-f39_b.jpg

rs4 nitro 3 SS - crap

schumacher R12 - was good when it came out but now its crap

HPI r40 - needs someone behind the wheel that knows what their on about to even get it going well

mugen mtx3 - overrated and overpriced

cars to choose from, if you have the cash are the

serpent 710

kyosho V one RRR

kyosho FW05RR

v one RRR is belt, fw05RR is shaft.

take this into consideration, at the worlds, 8 of the 10 cars was v one RRR (including top 3) and the other 2 were 710s...

for engine, novaorssi seem to be a popular engine but the sirio world replica (about $330 with a pipe to!..not bad price) is the muts nuts.

but then you need starter box etc.

talk to me on msn for more info mate ;)

Mth the three cars you have listed above are all serious racing cars, not ones for ameteurs. I think your being a little un realistic with your choices.

As for you doom56 your thunder tiger may be quicker than the HPI RS4 3 (assuming your talking about the Evo version) I specifically referred to the type SS which has no engine. The one I have has the .18 outlaw engine, ok its not a legal racing engine, but it would wip the thunder tiger into shape especially if it had the the .12 xs non pullstart engine in it!

I like that mth, you always rip my r12, but then you left my engine alone, hehehe, the mugens are very good in my opinon. also this guy doesnt want a racer he wants one with a very good drive train. for that i cant think of any think specifically.

At the end of the day we are all going to be bias towards whatever car we have. As for robustness, well it depends on how you drive and maintain your car. With the exception of some of the lesser manufacturers all the big names like SCHUMACHER, HPI, THUNDER TIGER, KYOSHO, TAMIYA, MUGEN can build a really robust car, so neither is really better than the other, unless you start going into handling and speed, which is governed by the engine, gearbox and suspension which is really a seperate issue altogether.

i was asking which car has the best drivetrain, which car could take an upgrade race engine...not which was fastest out iof the box etc etc.

all i need to know is which 1/10tc you think has the most robust drivetrain..not which 1/10tc comes with a fast motor.

What would you say its top speed it Doom

not sure yet as when i did a speed test it clocked at 47mph with a stock engine (apart from the pipe and manifold)

As for you doom56 your thunder tiger may be quicker than the HPI RS4 3 (assuming your talking about the Evo version)  I specifically referred to the type SS which has no engine.  The one I have has the .18 outlaw engine, ok its not a legal racing engine, but it would wip the thunder tiger into shape especially if it had the the .12 xs non pullstart engine in it!

the hpi has the evo engine and my almost stock thunder tiger wips it big time

with all due respect to EVERY BUGGER, i dont wanna know how fast your standard engines go!..

if you wanna have a pen1s extending 'my engines faster than yours ooooh spank me hard adrian' conversation, do it in pm..you might find you like each others big throbbing engines and become best of friends..

but i dont care about the engines...i care about drivetrains

As I said in my earlier thread cosie shaft driven is about as robust as you can get however belt technology nowadays means their just as strong. Plus with belt driven cars you can play about with the gearing slightly for final drive etc.