• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

im going to rant

SL33PY

well as most of u prob know i took my cars to the model shop last week after 3 years of been in the shed to get them running again ... well today i whent and picked them up and i deffo aint happy about my thunder tiger ... while i was at the shop i bought the same fuel they had used to get them running again as to make sure i can still run with that and had to get some more crystals as the shop didnt know what they had done to the ones that was in it altho they did give me a pair for ma savvy ... so i come home go to put the crystals in my SSK and low and be hold they the wrong ones he gave me 27am instead of 40am so i phoned him up and he said he didnt even relise my ssk was on 40mhz reciver ... so he said 40s is rair and that if i took ma reciver in he would swop it for a 27 one witch they have done i come home fit the new reciver put things back together and relize he aint even done half the stuff he said he was going to for the money he charged (40quid for nofing) the car dnt even idle let alone start easy and the manofold aint been cleand cos my clips are there thats been there since day one ... cant start ma savvy to see if thats been touched as i aint got a battry for ma roto start and ma drill is still chargein ... but same again apart from crystals in that nothing been touched and charged 50quid for set up iv been robbed me finks come to say if they aint running right they going back and hes gettin told for sure and then can bog off for later busyness off of me ... grrrr 90quid for nofing make awounder some shops go out of busyness doing fings like that ..... all i wanted was to get ma cars back on the road to have some fun and cant even have that still ... going to have to tinker with the idle on the ssk ma self when i can be botherd now cos he right Peed me off ...

sorry about the rant boys

Danny

Name and shame them mate

I'd suggest u go back - ask them what they did

Tuning isnt that hard!

40 is rare? Are goldfish rare?

40 is just as popular as 27 as there both common frequencies

Okay 40 is a much bigger spektrum of frequencies

I'd complain tho dude - 90 aint easy money when ur young

Ziggy

Id read it but i read one line and realised, you cannot/dont feel the need to spell properly and you dont use any punctuation what so ever.

/rant over.

have to agree with you im not dislexic but even i found that hard to read :lol:

you should get to know your cars, buy the parts and carry out the work that needs doing yourself if you get stuck ask on here its what its for :closedeyes: you dont see smithy for example saying just taken my car to the shop to get some shocks fitted...he fits them himself or his car needs a tune but he is not sure what to do he dont take it to a shop he asks on here and does it himself ;)

(not saying you cant tune smithy just an example :) ) i was like you when at one point my answer was take it to the shop for everything but then i started doing it all myself and now enjoy working on my cars when bits need replacing or needs tuning its satisfieing (sp??) to see the car in bits then back together again or to see it running like a dog then flying about and all tuned up puts a smile on my face :lol: saves alot of money and tantrums too.

Edited by steve0280

Id read it but i read one line and realised, you cannot/dont feel the need to spell properly and you dont use any punctuation what so ever.

/rant over.

ZZZZIIIIINNGGGG

but i would imagine one would not be inclined to press the spell check button after being ripped off the price of an E10.

I have not found the spell checker yet but I did give up on that post after 3 lines as it was doing my head in trying to read it !

Sorry but I am no anorack on grammer and spelling but that was appaling !

ah lott ov da possts on hear ar badley riten sumtymes too da poynt ware U kannot figger dem ought.

It is a while since I was at school, but is English no longer a subject?

****²s not everyone is good at spellin or grammer or give a ****² about it no need to take the **** i tell ye was a rant after all didnt need to even read it let aloan reply ... as for gettin to know the cars and bits i have bought bits and hopups and fitted them ma self but seens the cars wore left in the shed for 3 years un touched i fort i might aswell get the pros to sort them out for me ... all they needed really was a good clean up and re tunein and servos checkin i would of fort ... but let the pros do it for me then i can get runnin again and have some fun ... i didnt even say i wasnt willin to learn how to or anything ... to thoughs that didnt bitch about the post thnx and happy bashing/raceing

It is a little hard to read but I managed easy enough,swearing and being offensive isn't going to help your corner,if you feel you have a problem then contact a member of staff,don't go effing and jeffing all over the forum,it'll only result in you getting a warning or worse.... :confused:

Name and shame them mate

I'd suggest u go back - ask them what they did

Tuning isnt that hard!

40 is rare? Are goldfish rare?

40 is just as popular as 27 as there both common frequencies

Okay 40 is a much bigger spektrum of frequencies

I'd complain tho dude - 90 aint easy money when ur young

Ziggy

it the same with most model shop guys i feel. my local guy took so long to order in parts i just gave up and went online, also when he did tune my car once it was too rich and wouldn't go any faster than walking pace at full throttle. when it comes to tuning and suchlike :googleisyourfriend:

There getting sooo easy to work with now tho :)

Manuals are pretty good - and there is no end of online help these days

I agree DO IT YOURSELF!!

But i'd want my money's worth if i just paid a modelshop

I'd go back in, ask for my receiver back and ask the guys in the shop what they'd actually done (politely).

Basically complain without going in all guns blazing and say that it seems like nothings been done, that way the owner/worker may sympathise a bit and give you some, if not all, your money back.

I'm not garaunteeing anything tho ;)

There getting sooo easy to work with now tho :)

Manuals are pretty good - and there is no end of online help these days

I agree DO IT YOURSELF!!

But i'd want my money's worth if i just paid a modelshop

im only in horbury,i can sort it our for you if your stuck mate..and i dont charge anywhere near what they would,would i be right in thinking it was the one morley?

ive been in this hobby and racing for nigh on 20 yrs and it never ceases to amaze me how little some hobby shops actually know about the products or hobby at all :(

dave

im only in horbury,i can sort it our for you if your stuck mate..and i dont charge anywhere near what they would,would i be right in thinking it was the one morley?

ive been in this hobby and racing for nigh on 20 yrs and it never ceases to amaze me how little some hobby shops actually know about the products or hobby at all :(

dave

well i didnt wanna name and shame them but i would think they have changed hands since i last used them when i bought my savvy from them and hopups ... thats one of the reasons i took the cars to them (morley models) because when i bought the savvy and hopups it was a nice shop an helpfull but altho the shop seems the same the people dont ... the other reason i took the cars into the shop was because i would of thort they would of stripped the engins down and cleand them right out as i dnt have the confidance to do that my self yet (altho i have fitted a three speed to ma savvy on my own) as the cars i have bought have all been rtr and just brake the engins in ... im still tryin to find something to start my savvy with as i aint got enough cash to buy a battry for ma roto start just yet and my cordles isnt one that will hold any size bit doh ... so cant see if they have touched the savvy but i suspect they have seens they left battrys in my transmitter and reciver pack and put new crystals into it ...

nice one Dave i might hold ye to that if i have no luck my self fella atm im just disapointed with ma self for gettin ripped off and cant belive i belived them altho who wouldnt as its a shop thats been there for meny years and ment to be pros at these things ...

to the mods sorry for the swearin but it was on the word that u use to say what ye done on the loo wasnt anyother word but i wont do it again ... sorry

Danny

:P I've never taken my models into any model shop, i always use my fellow racers, they're always willing to help, and you learn what to do as they pass on their knowledge. You get to learn tips and tricks and make good friends. Joining a club was the best thing i did.

:P I've never taken my models into any model shop, i always use my fellow racers, they're always willing to help, and you learn what to do as they pass on their knowledge. You get to learn tips and tricks and make good friends. Joining a club was the best thing i did.

always is and it works both ways, you learn off them and they learn off you, its an ideal setup.

morley models i have never realy gone to but mb models are good have parts in stock and the guys there get to know you and best of all know what there talking about

yes micheal who own mb models is my friend,my other mate works there on thurs/friday nights doing repairs on cars and helicopters.

where is MB models at? cos i like to see what im buyin beffore i buy it if i can get there i might start usein them aswell as mdelsports ... havin to catch the bus around is doing my head in cant wait to get my drivein license back in sept ...

cheers boys ...

Danny