• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tower Pro MG995, faulty?

harjun

Hello, just receiver my tower pro mg995 today.

Tested it on my acoms receiver, when i plug i into my receiver, it just makes a ticking noise, and doesn't respond to the receiver, It can't be the receiver, as all the ports on the receiver work, as i have tried them with my other futaba servo. i have tried turning it slowly manually, and it turns...

It also responds very rarely to my receiver, for a mili-second or so.

ANy ideas? I've emailed the seller on ebay :)

Thanks

This is common, heard lots about them breaking. There cheap so you should expect it. If they were as good as similar spec, yet more expensive servos you probably wouldnt experience this. Id take to bit and see whats up, could be the motor, or mabye a stripped gear inside.

This is common, heard lots about them breaking. There cheap so you should expect it. If they were as good as similar spec, yet more expensive servos you probably wouldnt experience this. Id take to bit and see whats up, could be the motor, or mabye a stripped gear inside.

just got it, its brand new

Got 8 now and had over 20 and only two have ever gone caput on me.I'm not the easiest on my models either and the buggy gets pasted at least twice a week.I guess i'm just lucky,some of them are 8 month old and some are newer but yet to experience a new one being broke.The two that did break,one was the motor and the other was the potentiometer.Like the guys say,you get what you pay for but I can only go off my experience and that is they're worth the tenner or so you can get em for,if they work they work well.the alternative is the Hitec H645MG at around

i've had 3

1 Lasted a VERY short time (replaced)

One lasted about 3 months

The replaced one has lasted ages

Its a bit Hit and miss tbh, mines getting worn out due to wobbling on its own due to a few to many bumps

Just to be off topic - Loving Boozydaves DP :P

Ziggy

Edited by Ziggy122

boozydave your avatar makes me smile.

Ace DS1015 all the way! i have four, 2 in my revo, 2 in my 8ight.

the steering revo one went poopers, sent it back, they sent me a brand new one, no questions. can't fault that! its an investment!

The guy i brought it from of ebay says this:

"listen m8, i asked you what crystals etc you were using for a reason..the reason is,,these servos are for a digital controller,i/e spektrum like 2.4ghz not analogue with crystals, if you put these on the throotle or steering etc and you walk away with the controller the car will take of its self.. its says on the auction ..DIGITAL HIGH TORQUE HIGH SPEED SERVO thats what your problem is..happened to me,,car started twitching itself the further i walked away from it then it took off, that why i invested in a spektrum dx3 hope this helps"

Any of that true?

Edited by harjun

"listen m8, i asked you what crystals etc you were using for a reason..the reason is,,these servos are for a digital controller,i/e spektrum like 2.4ghz not analogue with crystals, if you put these on the throotle or steering etc and you walk away with the controller the car will take of its self.. its says on the auction ..DIGITAL HIGH TORQUE HIGH SPEED SERVO thats what your problem is..happened to me,,car started twitching itself the further i walked away from it then it took off, that why i invested in a spektrum dx3 hope this helps"

Any of that true?

The Guy's a pr@t. It is faulty, and that response is just garbage.

I have used them with analogue rx's with no issues, as have many of my mates. The servo you have is faulty.

As if you would buy a

Any of that true?

Post up the eBay username for us all to check out......!!! ??? ;)

My MG995 wouldn't work on the 4x 1.5V supply, but worked fine once I installed a hump pack.....and are still working fine (on a heavy use Savage) :)

Try a hump pack - if you haven't already got one???

ok, good idea.

I'll go and guy q humppqdk right away

oi, stop looking at our lasses t1ts :D

'digital' refers to the insides of the servo and how quickly it responds to changes.

the receiver, on the other hand, communicates with the controller. then passes the info onto the relevant servo. so the method of transmition shouldn't affect the servo

i bought a servo for

Edited by boozydave

My mg995 servo is fine so far had it a few months now, works well on 4.8v for about an hour then the fail safe kicks in but is a lot better with my hump pack, i got mine off ebay 2 for