• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ebay - people bidding on own goods...

Delboy

Im sure not too long ago someone posted up a website where you could enter two ebay ID's and see if those people had been bidding on each others stuff. I just had a second chance offer on a recoil, but it was only 1 other person bidding so im quite suspisious.

If someone could remember that site it'd be great.

I thought everyone did that? Although getting a mate to do it is much better! why not, the buyer only pays what they want to.

I never take second chances though for this reason!

Yeah i sometimes get my girlfriend bidding on things for me that i'm selling but only to a certain point, what has happened a few times now is that the person has just bid over my maximum bid and then i've been given the second chance offer with them giving some silly reason for the other person not being able to pay. I guess its a bit of a case of pot calling kettle black as I do it myself sometimes.

I bought the recoil in the end as the price wasn't that bad, but it was about 30 quid over what it would have been if it had just been me bidding.

Edited by Delboy

I've never done that nor would I ever bid up my own stuff or get anyone else to do it,thats just dishonest,if people aren't confident of getting the price they want they should put a reserve on it or do BIN.I only ever do BIN auctions and everything i've ever put on has sold,bidding up your own gear or someone elses is what makes ebay worse than it should be,the same people who do it are the ones who whine when its done to them and so is a vicious circle.... :confused:

I've never done that nor would I ever bid up my own stuff or get anyone else to do it,thats just dishonest,if people aren't confident of getting the price they want they should put a reserve on it or do BIN.I only ever do BIN auctions and everything i've ever put on has sold,bidding up your own gear or someone elses is what makes ebay worse than it should be,the same people who do it are the ones who whine when its done to them and so is a vicious circle.... :confused:

100% agree with you there matey, I think what this shows is just Karma.

Yeah i sometimes get my girlfriend bidding on things for me that i'm selling but only to a certain point, what has happened a few times now is that the person has just bid over my maximum bid and then i've been given the second chance offer with them giving some silly reason for the other person not being able to pay. I guess its a bit of a case of pot calling kettle black as I do it myself sometimes.

I bought the recoil in the end as the price wasn't that bad, but it was about 30 quid over what it would have been if it had just been me bidding.

So your complaining about people bidding on there own goods when you just admitted you do it yourself?

The worlds clever - dumb balance has been restored

I don't like using the buy it now feature unless im dead certain on what the item is worth, i sold a guitar years ago that i thought was worth

I feel it's completely unnecessary and dishonest. If you're not happy with the sum it's selling for, you should've put a reserve price on it. Simple.

What goes around comes around. If you do bid on your own auctions, don't moan when you get stung when bidding on an item you want.

I feel it's completely unnecessary and dishonest. If you're not happy with the sum it's selling for, you should've put a reserve price on it. Simple.

What goes around comes around. If you do bid on your own auctions, don't moan when you get stung when bidding on an item you want.

i'm pretty sure it counts as fraud aswell. people who do it are only trying to get more money for it, if your selling it on ebay then you should just be happy to be rid of it. it shouldn't really be for making money.

well thats my rant over

At the end of the day if you aren't happy to pay what the price goes to in the auction then don't bid more than you want!... I never buy if there has been a bid retraction on an item I am buying or if I get a second chance! these are signs of self/friend/girlfriend bidding! I sold an item I had a friend bid up to what would have been my reserve price one time as this saved me the fees ebay wanted for putting a reserve on the item! I don't see anything wrong with that?? He put one bid in at the start of the item of the price I asked him to and didn't bid against anyone

Edited by nut-nut

Ohhh,dont set me off about postage,the guy who bought my Hyper which never got to him haasn't been intouch with me since April 7th and i've sent him 3 emails and Royal Mail have written to him twice and had no response,I think he got it and had it all along cos if it were me who ws owed

At the end of the day if you aren't happy to pay what the price goes to in the auction then don't bid more than you want!... I never buy if there has been a bid retraction on an item I am buying or if I get a second chance! these are signs of self/friend/girlfriend bidding! I sold an item I had a friend bid up to what would have been my reserve price one time as this saved me the fees ebay wanted for putting a reserve on the item! I don't see anything wrong with that?? He put one bid in at the start of the item of the price I asked him to and didn't bid against anyone
Edited by losidan

I agree, it is unfair! if the buyer bids you up until you are at the max and does a bid retraction you have every right to report them... I have done this on one occasion where I put a max bid of

Just thought it would be worth saying that ebay have now changed the way their feedback system works. A SELLER can no longer leave you negative feedback after you have left them feedback. Basically sellers are supposed to leave you feedback the second you pay for an item but nobody does so if the item arrives substandard you cant leave them negative feedback as they will just leave you a negative out of spite. This can no longer happen :)

Damo

This is the way they do because people think ohh it is cheap just 2.50 BUT the postage is maybe 2.50 and the card is 6.50.

Some people list there items as 0.99 but postage more so they can cover the cost of an item, this way they come up at the top of the list, when you arrange them by price.

And it effects the percentage they pay on the final listing fee when it sells as ebay dont put postage into the equation in the final selling fee.Rogues so the get even more in their pockets... :closedeyes:

And it effects the percentage they pay on the final listing fee when it sells as ebay dont put postage into the equation in the final selling fee.Rogues so the get even more in their pockets... :closedeyes:

I did'nt know that :) but its a good idea :)