• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pull start

dgreat001

I prefere pull over roto I thinks, I heard nothing but probs about the roto starts, I have a drill start to and don't even like that - too easy to flood the engine

good move installing a pullstart. imo

I prefer to use a pullstart myself due to me being fed up of carrying the roto start around and charging it, but IMO both are suitable methods of starting if done correctly.

Don't be put off by people saying that pullstarts will give you blisters etc because if you can tune an engine this won't be a problem, problems only arise when something is wrong and you keep pulling the starter cord either too hard or with the engine flooded.

Cheers

I prefer to use a pullstart myself due to me being fed up of carrying the roto start around and charging it, but IMO both are suitable methods of starting if done correctly.

Don't be put off by people saying that pullstarts will give you blisters etc because if you can tune an engine this won't be a problem, problems only arise when something is wrong and you keep pulling the starter cord either too hard or with the engine flooded.

Cheers

You wanna try starting my K4.6 on a cold day?.......No i didnt think soo :D

Well i manage to start my LRP Z28 and sh28 with no probs, do you loosen your glow plug when starting from cold?

no,that'll loosen the compression,do that if you have a tight engine like mine!

try warming the engine up on cold days with a hair drier?, you should'nt have any trouble now,its gettin milder...but wetter :)