• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

Been wanting to pick up a Sabertooth for ages as they keep dropping to the £150 region(Gone back up now), Just like the look of them and the battery layout, But have a Berserker RTR and a  new Kit Berserker still in it's box, So kind of pleased it's gone back up.

But please do a review with some nice pictures, I just love the cheaper brands, This hobby wouldn't be as stagnant as it is if we broadened our horizons.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 53HRA said:

Spotted this on eBay buy it now and hesisted slightly as the seller had 0 feedback. Anyway I took a chance and hit the button and paid. Once collection was arranged I made the 246 mile round trip to collect...

v4Dg33J.jpg

Turned out the seller was one of the nicest people I have ever met - came running to the car invited me and my wife in and offered us tea for the journey we just took. Even introduced us to the family who was at the table having Sunday roast!

The truck itself is in very good nick, minus the odd little body part missing and a tiny crack on the side of the arch, although it did take 9/10 years to find one....so now I’ve ended up with two in one year ?

Pnwd6mr.jpg

What a result though!

I’ve researched these for a while thinking about the pros and cons

Anyway my old cordless screwdriver gave up the ghost.

So I ordered one of these off EBay using the 20% off cost £79.00 delivered overnight. Some site have them up for over £150.00[emoji51]

f463f840d28f75c169abdc219f682b21.jpg

The torque settings are perfect for RC infact set on the lowest it will not unscrew one put in hand tight.

0235bebc6cb8ecb827f5677a55ceb81e.jpg

I’ve tried it on all 15 setting and you still get feedback before the screw finally tightens.

b97c8e381c23ccb65c97e78c531b0f11.jpg

It’s mainly for taking screws out but I do have confidence in this screwdriver to just nip up, but I’m so used to tightening by hand I’ll carry on with that.

I tried a few at B&Q but they where bulky heavy and slow, this is lightweight and the LED’s help in tight spaces ad my eyes are not what they used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Not the posty, but my wife.

P.B.M. put these on offer at just the right time for me. Was looking to pay up to £300 for a new scaler, and this wasn't even on my radar, as it was too expensive.

But then P.B.M. dropped them to £280, so it jumped home with her.

Only problem now is I need to recover from surgery I had Monday, before I can use it.

IMG_20181106_124514678.jpg

IMG_20181106_124522117.jpg

IMG_20181106_124538549.jpg

• Like 2

[mention=41698]tomzac66[/mention] what hex bits did you get for it? I had trouble finding those longer ones when I was thinking about getting one

Hi Arrowmax from modelsport 4 bit set.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/arrowmax-power-tool-tip-cased-set-4-pcs;-1-5-2-0-2-5-3-0mm/rc-car-products/367332

e901ae9a59c6d454a84c99a814a082e1.jpg

d9ed2ecdf1292152b8c4a297ae72fea7.jpg

Gives over 9cm if reach in the chuck so great for most jobs.

Totally agree with that choice. I bought some recently and I use them in a Dewalt impact driver and they have been flawless [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, tomzac66 said:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/arrowmax-power-tool-tip-cased-set-4-pcs;-1-5-2-0-2-5-3-0mm/rc-car-products/367332

Those tips are the tools I need but not the ones I deserve (cos im skint) next month jobby! 

Blitz ESE white ball ends to replace the stock blacks on my e Firestorm.  Also some spare driveshafts after I briefly lost one while bashing on Monday when one of the black balls ends popped off! luckily found it after a 5 mins search but decided best to have some spares and also have wrapped them in red electrical tape for easier spotting.  

Got two sets of royal blue wheel nuts after I lost one right at the end of Monday's bash (was only doing a small jump on way back to car when it landed funny and I saw the wheel roll off into the grass!).  Also some Trenchers for the rear, new work bench mat, some Turnigy hex drivers, rotating car stand, and some spare pinions and spurs.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2018 at 06:53, tomzac66 said:

I bought these too, and in less than 10 days one of them the tip snapped clean off and I'm not even using impact gun..!! and just last week now rounded another..☹️ 

Not very good quality in my opinion..

7 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

I bought these too, and in less than 10 days one of them the tip snapped clean off and I'm not even using impact gun..!! and just last week now rounded another..☹️ 

Not very good quality in my opinion..

I rounded off my 2mm one pretty quickly....

10 hours ago, StuBevis said:

Blitz ESE white ball ends to replace the stock blacks on my e Firestorm.  Also some spare driveshafts after I briefly lost one while bashing on Monday when one of the black balls ends popped off! luckily found it after a 5 mins search but decided best to have some spares and also have wrapped them in red electrical tape for easier spotting.  

Got two sets of royal blue wheel nuts after I lost one right at the end of Monday's bash (was only doing a small jump on way back to car when it landed funny and I saw the wheel roll off into the grass!).  Also some Trenchers for the rear, new work bench mat, some Turnigy hex drivers, rotating car stand, and some spare pinions and spurs.

Xmas has come early for you dude!

• Like 1