• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

36 minutes ago, Matt888 said:

Can't wait to get building it now.

Are you going to change the shocks or use the stock plastic ones for now,  Quicrun 1060 ESC is perfect for the stock motor. An nVision LiPo round pack will fit perfectly.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/nvision-7.4v-sport-lipo-4500-45c-deans-/rc-car-products/384085

.               John

Just now, Noj said:

Are there better priced, equivalent spec lipos available anywhere, John? Only have two which gets a little tedious....

The Super Hot Shot will only take NiMh shaped batteries so you need a LiPo that's shaped like a NIMh with the rounded sides which unfortunately aren't that common.

John

2 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Are you going to change the shocks or use the stock plastic ones for now,  Quicrun 1060 ESC is perfect for the stock motor. An nVision LiPo round pack will fit perfectly.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/nvision-7.4v-sport-lipo-4500-45c-deans-/rc-car-products/384085

.               John

For now I'm going to build it up pretty much stock, the kit i ordered said "no esc" but there is a TBLE-02 in the box, it also said that there was bonus parts "white lightweight wheels" but they weren't in the box, so I don't know whether to complain or not.

Anyway I have the Hobbywing 1060 in my Sand Scorcher so I'll probably put that in the Hotshot and the Tamiya one in the Scorcher. 

Thanks for the link I was wondering if a standard lipo would fit?

What shocks would you recommend?

6 minutes ago, johninderby said:

The Super Hot Shot will only take NiMh shaped batteries so you need a LiPo that's shaped like a NIMh with the rounded sides which unfortunately aren't that common.

John

What about these will they fit?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29020__Turnigy_nano_tech_4200mah_2S2P_40_80C_Hardcase_Stick_Pack_UK_Warehouse_.html

The battery compartment is rounded and is a tight fit for the battery. Tried a bunch of LiPos but as they were standard square sided ones they just wouldn't fit. There must be other NiMh shaped LiPos out there but finding stock of them is hard. Anyway the nVision LiPos are really nice quality and while not cheap still good value.

You could use Yeah Racing shocks. I used some Gmade ones that I had. Makes a real differnce.

John

My new proline jeep cherokee body :D but now the bit I hate the most picking a colour :doh: so far it's a nice clean off roader in gunmetal gray or a weekend warrior probably red with different coloured body panels can't decide :rolleyes:

If she came in that box, I hope it was well padded, ventilated and had 'Handle With Care' on it!!

Postie brought me yet another car insurance renewal notice from the same broker I actually renewed with for £200 LESS and LAST WEEK.

They've also sent me a renewal notice twice by e-mail, since THEY renewed with me!!

I think I'll give them a call before I go to renew the tax disc!!

Al.

• Like 1