• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

GTA4

Nick

Out of interest anyone with a PS3 or 360 deciding not to buy it? Apart from lack of funds.... why not?

I'm not getting it... yet. Got exams in a few weeks, and I know if I get it then my grades will drop :lol:

Postie delivered mine along with the brady guide at about 11am this morning :D

So far I'm liking it a lot more than SA and as much as VC and III. I love the fact the coppers will arrest people trying to fight you, so far I've had 4 people arrested for brawling, one woman I was following around to see what she would do and after she tried to run off a few times she turned around and started trying to lay into me :lol:

I'd give it 10/10 and the Sao seal of approval :topbanana::P

ok got mine today , and well i think its pants same as the one before graphics are pants car handle like poo. not to happy with it - waste of money

Possibly the best game I've played in a LONG time.

At first the graphics were not what I was expecting them to be, very jaggy but soon got used to it and some of the things that happens from the AI/physics are truly amazing.

hopefully i'll get my copy in a few days as it was sent today apparently. Whats the multiplayer like?

Multiplayer is pure comedy

the quality is probably 90% of the normal single-player mode, which is still really good

free-for-all and team deathmatch is what ive been on today and they are really good fun

how do you go on a online multi player? only played by joining a mate.

cars more realistic ? there all over the shop you go really slow turn in and will nearly roll over and skid out.

online multi player.... the map shows you where each other are wheres the fun in trying to find someone or out to kill them. not inpressed so far...

how do you go on a online multi player? only played by joining a mate.

cars more realistic ? there all over the shop you go really slow turn in and will nearly roll over and skid out.

online multi player.... the map shows you where each other are wheres the fun in trying to find someone or out to kill them. not inpressed so far...

yes when you drive a car that fast round a corner they do slide its the same in real life

plus there is an option to turn the enemy off on the radar

to your earlier post the graphics are a LOT better than the other gtas and if you notice there is a LOT more ai and a LOT more on screen at once better lighting etc

i assume you are compering this to fps games like cod4 etc where they can concentrate on putting great graphics as they ONLY have SMALL maps, gta4 has to load a lot of crap up

plus on the 360 the machine cant handle it at all we all knew that though i have just modded my 360 with a 120mm fan to aid cooling to get them extra frames out of it lol

try it on a hdtv you will like it better

Edited by rawiswar

yes when you drive a car that fast round a corner they do slide its the same in real life

plus there is an option to turn the enemy off on the radar

to your earlier post the graphics are a LOT better than the other gtas and if you notice there is a LOT more ai and a LOT more on screen at once better lighting etc

i assume you are compering this to fps games like cod4 etc where they can concentrate on putting great graphics as they ONLY have SMALL maps, gta4 has to load a lot of crap up

plus on the 360 the machine cant handle it at all we all knew that though i have just modded my 360 with a 120mm fan to aid cooling to get them extra frames out of it lol

try it on a hdtv you will like it better

I agree with you 100% ;)

lol I LOVE it when your get wasted from drinking and then try and walk and drive LOL. well funny when you scare people with the gun and they drop their drinks and run so picked up the drink and thow it back. or aim it to people in cars and they hide and try and reverse away from you.

my bro got in a taxi and was going on till my bro broke a window and the cabbi ran away so my bro shot him out of the window from the back seats LOL.

Yup, just like American cars really :P

Some of them handle much better than others, the turismo handles nice.

My First impressions are Good. I like the graphics as they have a sort of oil painting feel in certain lighting. I have completed a lot of the early missions using my initiative rather than just doing the ovious which makes it fun. Like when I had to smash the chinese restaurant window... I dialled 911 asked for the fire service then got in the fire truck and smashed the window :)

I am a little disappointed with the radio stations, not as good as previos GTA's - but I am hoping they will grow on me. I thought with the budget available they could have got a few better tunes...

Car handling is different from the other GTA's but once you get used to it I think it is better and more realistic, the cars have a real weight to them.

I am not sure how long I will spend on the mini games, Pool seems the best I think of the ones tried so far!

I love trying to break the rules like trying to smash past the bridge blockades and get to the unlocked parts of the city. I also managed to jump on an airlines wheels and get a free lift along the run way, sadly I was killed before the plane managed to take off.