• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best engine

dgreat001

I wouldnt bother buying a new engine.

You s25 i very realible and isnt to sow compard to others 9maybe 4mph slower).

if i was you i would gte a Tuned pipe, or othr hop ups or maybe buy strenthend parts for it.

is you are interested in a new egine buy The SH 28.

many people have it and it looks like a realiable and powerfull engine.

the sh off ebay can cost as little as £80. so you could gte this and buy other hop ups.

Well, from what i know and by owning a k4.6. it is very good.

Just a couple of problems but you just get HPI to send you new parts.

the only thing bad about it is the pull starter 9youl be sitting there for hours trying to start it).

I Would easily go for this than the picco.

think they have roughly the same amount of power.

4.6cc

2.9hp

JC where have you heard the wasp is a bad engine???

Just check out the LST/Savage/BFT boards and you'll see that they are ALL gettings the Wasp .28. When I got it I was just amazed at how much more power it had over my old engine aswell as my friends Picco.

The SH is probably the most poerfull fron the engines mentioned, but there has been a few issues rising lately relating to the Conrod, as mentioned before in previous posts its really down to you to decide as everybody has their own opinions on engines. Just do some homework before you make your decision :(

Take a look at the STS .28, its also very cheap and stock has more umph outta the box than the SH, also the build quility is somewhat impressive, kind of like that you would expect of a Rossi or RB, which are in the region of £300+. Also other plus points are the small backplate and the turbo style crank (like the 8port hyper) :D

So these are all the engines i should consider:

Picco .27

Wasp.28

Sts.28

sh.28

K4.6

and when you say prepare your car before getting a new engine whats parts do you mean,ive already got a ribbed pipe is there any thing else.

So these are all the engines i should consider:

Picco .27

Wasp.28

Sts.28

sh.28

K4.6

and when you say prepare your car before getting a new engine whats parts do you mean,ive already got a ribbed pipe is there any thing else.

I'd go for the picco, well impressed after seeing screamers :)

The wasp is expensive because you pay for Orions name, the engine is not even built by them, its made by Toki engines, a cheap company from japan, it just has their name slapped on it.

The STS IS quicker than a SH straight out of the box, it seems to be the new kid on the block but the build quality is flawless. It will definately out perform a Picco, My cousin had a picco and my SH and the K4.6 used to smoke it no problems. The thing i found with the picco it was all or nothing, doesn't seem to have a smooth powerband, 1/4 throttle seemed like full throttle. I personally really don't think you can go wrong with the STS, and as the SH has had some problems with the conrod lately, but thats probably a minority, But the choice is yours...

When they say get your truck ready for it, i would be thinking more down the lines of Spider mods (If not already done) Heavy duty drive shafts, Heavy duty Cups etc. Strengthen your drive train for all that extra torque.