• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help!

Benjamin

Buy a baja 5b ss

I only jus bought a hyper 8.5 4 weeks ago and im already lookin at the Baja's!

I got the Bug now and i jus cant stop myself..

The Hyper is for keeps defo, jus can i part with

Edited by Benjamin

Hi the baja is deffinatley worth the money but the biggest question is do you have some good open spaces to run it?They make alot more noise than a nitro so its real easy to upset people very fast.I have put an rd logics pipe on mine which isnt to offensive but i had to sell my rear and side mount dom's because ot the noise.saying that i have just fitted a 28.5 headkit onto mine but havent started it yet.I wander how loud it will be now :helpsmilie:

you could also stick to the x can thing.

You won't get as much performance but it will only be as loud as a chainsaw or lawmower then :P

Buy it you will love it. Ignore the comedian who suggests an X-can, you will need earplugs for that thing. :lol:

I have 3 already and am looking out for a cheap 2nd hand fourth.

Just buy one,they look sweet and go well,even just out of the box.Once you get used to it,then you can upgrade for speed with tuned pipes and big bore kits.... :good:

I really am steering towards gettin one now!

I live in romsey Westwellow, theres the new forest jus half a mile down the road so i cld go there and rag it, bit weiry abt gettin shot by the farmers though!

Been watchin the vids on youtube, there so cool! be gr8 to burn it with another baja!

I have read the other threads abt prices and retailers and so on so im clued up there, it was jus the partin with

go for it,alot less hassle than i nitro

i took mine to the local park and to kids were running nitros,they had a go with my 29cc beast and was talking about putting their cars on ebay as soon as they got home

:o u let them have a go with ur Baja???? :insane::huh: ur Brave!

:o u let them have a go with ur Baja???? :insane::huh: ur Brave!

lol yeah its a massive park,so no chance of hiting anything

still got a bit worried,so they only got a couple of minutes each

worst thing is the youngest one was driving it better than me :confused:

bajas are great cars. you wont regret parting with the cash once you get one. if you run the hpi pipe they sound like a motorcross bike, which i think is cool :P , although the neighbours dont. anyways ye they are great cars, great fun.

Dont worry about the noise. The stock can is fine for bashing and sounds no different from someone mowing the lawn or cutting the hedge :) Id even go so far as to say that nitro is worse for noise as its such an irritating pitch.

Just get it, then enjoy the long run times, cheap fuel costs and size of it. Trust me, since I got a marder I havent even bothered with nitro. :thumbsup:

Damo

Do it, take a trip down the dark side, you will not regret it, I switched to petrol many years ago and all I can say is thank god I had the courage to spend the extra money.

For fun last year I bought another nitro, just for a change, I was reminded of all the hassles and tuning and buying expensive fuel, cut outs, blisters from pull starts.

It will be the best move you can make. Once you get it, built it, sit it on the kitchen table and drool over it you will realise you did the right thing.

Then you will run it........................

RC heaven awaits.............