• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

nuts are tight!

steve0280

hey

i need to get the wheels off my baja 5b but the wheel nuts are stuck solid i've tried wd40 and no luck is there anything else i can try they wont even budge like 2mm theyre stuck solid

thanks

steve

hey

i need to get the wheels off my baja 5b but the wheel nuts are stuck solid i've tried wd40 and no luck is there anything else i can try they wont even budge like 2mm theyre stuck solid

thanks

steve

have you tried putting something on the end of your wheel spanner/allen key to give you extra leverage?

have you tried putting something on the end of your wheel spanner/allen key to give you extra leverage?

not much i can do to get more leverage really the plastic orange wheel spanner is turd so im stuck lol

try applying a little heat if there lock tighted on

ill go try that now i was wondering wether to get the hair dryer out or not lol

not much i can do to get more leverage really the plastic orange wheel spanner is turd so im stuck lol

ill go try that now i was wondering wether to get the hair dryer out or not lol

do you not have a pair of pliers or molegrips they usualy do the jod

A small butane pencil style blowtorch would be a good tool to have for this,RC_Killer's idea of a bit of heat will loosen them,alloy is very pliable so to speak when heated up but only slightly as the rims may warp if it gets too hot... :good:

I'm glad I'm not the only 1 that suffers from tight nut syndrome :P

I almost bust my hand a few weeks ago with that stupid orange wrench.

now I'm using a long adjustable spanner to get them off and it works well, I still use the orange tool but only for doing them up. Only trouble with using a metal tool is it snags up your wheel nuts.

Mrp ;)

There you go,I didnt even know they had nyloc nuts nor why they need em to be honest,surely theres a decent socket that can be used without wrecking the anodizing? :)

Just get yourself a 24mm hex socket for you ratchet driver and be done with it. DO NOT heat the nuts up as you are likely to weld the plastic wheel onto the hex itself. You can pick up a hex socket from ebay for about

Edited by flake99please