• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 - Throttle question

Sorry for the completely stupid noob question....

Just got a Hyper 7 .21...

I have tried starting engine and after making my fingers red raw from pulling starter, got it started...

But it rev's v fast?

Is the Throttle idle postion: with the slider (?) fully in, ie with servo full rotation clockwise/slider mover toward right (looking from front of car)?

out of the box, with servo in netural, the throttle is the other way with slider out.

I assumed was correct...But when engine eventually starts, it rev's like mad, and the clutch must be engaging as wheels turn?

Thanks for your help

M

Edited by Funkyfresh

no...i'm not sure how?

is the carb fully open when you turn the contol on? if yes the on the control theres two switches one says st one says th next to them turn the th to the other psition see if tht helps

a few peeps seem to be having this prob, it seems the switches need flicking, i got mine today and made a post about the same prob

I found when I got my hyper that the throttle channel on the controller was switched the wrong way, switched it back and alls fine. although it's probably worth checking that your carb slide gap is set to 1mm.

Ok , as your a new Nitro bod I'll g through this step by step.

Do not start or try and start your buggy , all this is done with the enough not running.

Remove your airfilter

Look down the carb intake where you have just removed the filter from.

Turn on all electrics and transmitter

Pulling back on the the throttle should move the throttle slide across , therefore increasing the hole as you look down the carb.

When at neutral , i,e when you turn all electrics on and dont touch the transmitter the gap down the carb should be 1 - 1.5 mm .If its open 1cm or 10mm , then you need to reverse your servo control as described in previous posts.

Assuming you now have your 1mm gap, when applying full brake you shouldn't see the carb gap decrease below 1mm.

Check all of the above and report back. We can then properly guide you on what to do next.

i had the same problem with my hyper7 just flick the throttle switch on the controller and it should be fine

I also had the same problem, but I think I noticed it when I turned the wheels whilst checking my new steering servo was working (before I even attempted to start the engine).

As others have said, I switched the switches on the controller and all was well ;)

Edited by Stock_Nitro

I think the main problem with most of these threads is that people obviously havent actually read their manual first or they would know to check their radio gear is working properly and is properly set up before they even think about starting it.....

:rolleyes:

Damo

I think the main problem with most of these threads is that people obviously havent actually read their manual first or they would know to check their radio gear is working properly and is properly set up before they even think about starting it.....

Damo

I was guilty of this when it comes to the radio gear, read the manual about getting engine started and running in though. However, you would honestly think that the channel reverse switches would be set ok out of the box...not really something you think about when your just excited / impatient about getting it going and don't have much of a clue about it all. Ahh well, lesson learned, engine still in one piece!

Damo

Exactly, I read mine cover to cover before I used my Hyper,

There was a big reason for this though and it was that my GF ordered my car a month before Christmas and only let me look at the Manual lol.

Ah well I am glad I did now,

Chris

Thanks for the help, everyone...

Servo was moving the wrong way! poor quality control on whoever built it..

anyway, using the hairdryer trick and loosening the plug slightly, i have managed to get one tank through it...

but even if i open the throttle a little, the engine stalls?

should i just run some more tanks through before even attempting to open the throttle?

BTW the engine is stll very cool after running the 1st tank through. The hair dryer made it hotter....The leads me to belive the mixture is over rich? Even for break-in?

M

Thanks for the help, everyone...

Servo was moving the wrong way! poor quality control on whoever built it..

anyway, using the hairdryer trick and loosening the plug slightly, i have managed to get one tank through it...

but even if i open the throttle a little, the engine stalls?

should i just run some more tanks through before even attempting to open the throttle?

BTW the engine is stll very cool after running the 1st tank through. The hair dryer made it hotter....The leads me to belive the mixture is over rich? Even for break-in?

M

it the same with mine, they are set very rich, and the engine dont get hot, as for the throttle, ya have to be very gentle and ya will hear it start coughing an farting, im on my 5th tank full and after that im gouing to start and tune it

it the same with mine, they are set very rich, and the engine dont get hot, as for the throttle, ya have to be very gentle and ya will hear it start coughing an farting, im on my 5th tank full and after that im gouing to start and tune it

on my 4th tank now and can move the throttle slowly manually and it revs up. Cant do it too much or clutch engages...

using the radio it just stalls.

There is virtually no smoke at idle.

Should I start with the LSN? Some FAQ's say start with HSN, dont touch LSN untill later, others say start with LSN?

Confused of Caterham :rolleyes:

Thanks all...

I leaned the HSN out 1/4 turn - 1/8 wasn't enough.

engine still bit spluttery, but will wait a few more tanks before playing further.....

MY GOD its fast!!! :D

when you're used to 1/10 electric, it really is a step up, isnt it?!

and yes, i havent opened the throttle more than a 1/4 yet...tempting though!

cheers

M

Edited by Funkyfresh