• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new fg baja wont run

paul01562

I just got my new fg baja and have run it for about 20mins down the pakk and it stoped running and wont start?

I have tryed a new plug,tank,carb that my mate has spare's for his marder.There is a good spark at the plug and my plug startes his marder.the carb was brand new and we conected his tank but still wont run.

When it stoped it just died and came to a solling stop no funny noise's,spluttering or back fire.

please help

Edited by paul01562

hi mate it seem as if it has fuel delivery problems as mine did the same check the fuel lines isnt kinked or pinched and make sure the breather hole on your gas cap is working ok put it to your mouth and give it a blow through also take the plug out and leave it out for a good half hour as it may be flooded and also put it back to factory settings ( high needle 1 1/2 out from fully in and low needle 1 1/4 out) if you have messed with any of the needles i advise any1 to not touch the needles if its a new car untill they have ran a tank or 2 of fuel as just a little bit movement makes a big differance and can cause you massive amounts of trouble (i did mess with mine and i couldnt star my car for a week no matter what i tryed)

also mate try this forum all are helpful gotpetrol forum and try the baja forum also rcuniverse forum you will have to make and account but the people are very helpfull

also how much oil are you using in your fuel as just a tad much could cause probs

25% oil for the first few run's i was told to mix.Im using putoline 2 stroke oil.

I havent touched the card or try to tune it. it wouldn't run with a brand new card either.

Edited by paul01562

Have you got compression when you pull on the pull start? It sounds to me like its nipped up. Hope this isn't the case though, especially as it died & came to a rolling stop.

If there is compression then check that the spark plug is giving out a spark by removing it from the head, reconnecting the plug cap & holding the body of the plug against the cooling fins of the engine & pull the pull start. If its not then the ignition isn't working. There should be a good spark visible. If this is not the case then check that the stop button is not stuck in then check to make sure the ignition box is set correct against the magneto & working

hope this helps

:good:

GOOD NEWS EVERY BODY.

I rang ripmax,ripmax rang sb models,sb models rang me,ripmax rang me,i rang sb models then i rang ripmax.

ripmax said send it back we will repair it for you and send it back saturday morning .but i said i dont want it repair'd i want money back or a replacement.they reply'd sorry my hands are tied.So i return to the model shop were i bought it for £615. NOT HAPPY no buggy no money Thats another week skink.

I walk'd into sd models (http://www.sbmodels.co.uk/) and there was a new baja sat on the counter the owner/manager/realy nice bloke. Simon best said there you are ser a new buggy for you.

I will send this back to ripmax and inform you of the out come.

RESULT BIG thanks to Simon best of S B MODELS ( http://www.sbmodels.co.uk/ ) call 01562 829124 or visit at no/4 burtcher green,comberton,kidderminster,worcestershire dy10 3 az

RIPMAX thats how to deal with your customers

Edited by paul01562

yes well sorted

by sb models thats sb models at http://www.sbmodels.co.uk/ call o1562 829124

give him a call simon best he's a real top bloke.

The guy at SB is great, a little overpriced IMO though.

Were you running the car in Brintons Park Paul? Only im getting my Baja in a few days and want to run mine there. Wondered if you had any complaints running it in a park?

The guy at SB is great, a little overpriced IMO though.

Were you running the car in Brintons Park Paul? Only im getting my Baja in a few days and want to run mine there. Wondered if you had any complaints running it in a park?

I have ben using it on harrier's park and ride car park and the forest glades car park.

but my 2nd new bafa ran a tank of full threw it today and it done exactly the same as the first on stalled and wont start.

ripmax is repairing the first one foc but they recon it has been upside down and been reve'd. but this new one hasn't i only ran it on tarmack car parks. i also ran the first one on spennals park no trouble there.

Edited by paul01562

try replacing the plug as some times with new engines you get bits of metal coming of of the piston ring causeing the plug to short out all so check ur filler cap breather is working

I replaced the plug and it fired up 2nd pull. a bit lumpy but a slight ajustment and its flying again the guy in the lawn mower shop said it will use loads of plugs so i got 5.

THANK'S for all the help guy''s

bloody hell mate,small world its jappa here from e36coupe :ph34r: what car have you got mate(sorry for th hijack)

so do you no what the factory settings are or an easy way to tell when its just right.

is it right that when its tuned there shouldn't be a air bubble in the pump on the card.

the steering servo went today so i got to get one of them. im getting a rhino servo i been told there good.

Edited by paul01562