• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Transmitters

andyc277

Which TX Type  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What type of Transmitter do people prefer?

• Twin Stick
    • Trigger and Wheel

I am from the old skool so am used to twin sticks. When I got back into the hobby I gave the steering wheel transmitters a fair go and can use them OK but still prefer twin sticks. In the end I invested in a 2.4Ghz Futuba twin stick and am happy with my decision.

sticks are for planes lol

nah i just find its more ergonomic to use a pistol controller. and also, you turn the wheel forwards and backwards, and with a stick you push it left to right, i just find it's easier to control the car when it's coming towards you that way.

dude, when you buy a rc car... an electric one, does it normaly have a wheel controller NO! it has sticks :) cheaper, look better and are easier to use but unfortunately the hyper comes with the wheel controller :boredlook:

both of mine came with wheels :P and maybe 80% have wheel controllers... i like the feel more TBH. i get more control.

Edited by joe of loath

I wish I preffered wheels as there is more choice and its cheaper too. I perservered with the wheels but it was like trying to force myself to write 'left handed' as I found I was just more comfortable with sticks.

what might also be interesting to know is if people tend to prefer the first type of controller they ever use.

i started with sticks and still use them, i have tried the wheel type but it just felt awkward for me.

what might also be interesting to know is if people tend to prefer the first type of controller they ever use.

i started with sticks and still use them, i have tried the wheel type but it just felt awkward for me.

It's like with some parts in fishing, sometimes if it feels rong it can be good so its just practise really (but i duno if its the same with these lol)