• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Just got my HPI Baja 5B clone

headgoonie

Just got my Baja 5B clone today, purchased It on ebay from the same seller as Smithy on here did. Came in 4 days which I was very impressed with especially over Christmas.

I am very pleased with It though I have only had the time to open the box and get It out to inspect It quickly. I chose the black version and I like the look of It.

P241207_1129.jpg

P241207_1130.jpg

P241207_113001.jpg

With this being an almost 100% copy I cannot see any reason to purchase the HPI model at almost double the price.

have just ordered mine from ebay,just wanted to no if this model comes with baja stickers?

It doesn't matter whether the price wrote on the sheet is correct or not regarding importation tax... Customs do spot checks and can open any parcel and then take it from there! My mate got "stung" £65 for a digital camera coming in from Hong Kong even though it was marked childrens toy £12. Its a chance you take :ph34r::ph34r:

:helpsmilie: did you get yours from bikehk of ebay,looks good.

Just got my Baja 5B clone today, purchased It on ebay from the same seller as Smithy on here did. Came in 4 days which I was very impressed with especially over Christmas.

I am very pleased with It though I have only had the time to open the box and get It out to inspect It quickly. I chose the black version and I like the look of It.

P241207_1129.jpg

P241207_1130.jpg

P241207_113001.jpg

With this being an almost 100% copy I cannot see any reason to purchase the HPI model at almost double the price.

P241207_1129.jpg

P241207_1130.jpg

P241207_113001.jpg

Whats the chances of someone selling these in the UK anytime soon,want one but haven't got a paypal account.

Thats an interesting looking clone with a very tempting price tag... anyone actually run one of these yet..? as seeing it in the box is great but lets hear and ideally see some vids on it running plzzzz.

Mrp :rolleyes:

I doubt it once they add a 20 to 30% margin and 17.5% VAT

The shop is trying to secure a container load of them.Apparently thats 250 so they will be able to keep the price down as they will get a good deal.

The shop is trying to secure a container load of them.Apparently thats 250 so they will be able to keep the price down as they will get a good deal.

What shop is it thats planning on getting them?

I can see that HPI would have a problem with this as I am sure something similar in the past has happened and a court injunction meant the compant was no longer allowed to sell them.

Anyone got any movies yet, i'm dying to see how these perform.

there is a mivie on the kingmotors site but this is the video made by the sellers and some people are claiming that that is a hpi baja

we need to see a forum users or youtube vid not made by the seller to get a true feeling for it