• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

POSTAL STRIKE !

gddevey1012@aol.com

Hi guys better read on if you are thinking of posting anything over the next 7 days as by the look of it there is a Strike starting tomorrow at 1200pm and running thru till next weds

the text below is from the royal mail website!

The Communications Workers Union (CWU) has announced further strike action. Two 48-hour strikes are planned. The first will begin at lunchtime on Thursday 4th October and ends at lunchtime on Saturday 6th October. The second will begin in the early hours of Monday 8th October, ending in the early hours of Wednesday 10th October.

This will be followed by an unspecified programme of weekly strikes, starting week commencing October 15th, until the resolution of the dispute.

During the strikes, Royal Mail’s priorities will be:

* Keep mail flowing, by keeping as many sorting machines and vehicles as possible operating, and processing as much mail as possible through our system

* Protect vulnerable members of society, who depend on Post Office payments of pensions and social security

* Manage the needs of our large customers with bulk mailings – helping them post around disruption as best they can

* Ensure that all customers can continue to post mail through the Post Office network

* Prioritise Special Delivery services, although all guarantees will be suspended

What does it mean for our customers?

This action will severely limit our ability to provide any services for the coming period. Customers should expect severe disruption to all postal services during the strikes and for a significant period afterwards.

* Special Delivery will continue to be a priority throughout the period of disruption. We have well developed contingency plans, and will do all we can to deliver Special Delivery items on the due day. However, money-back guarantees will be suspended for items posted on 4th October onwards and will be reinstated as soon as we are sure we can fulfill the service promise

* Door to Door - We will not be able to maintain a Door to Door service. Royal Mail is therefore applying Force Majeure for all Door to Door contracts scheduled for delivery during the weeks commencing October 8th, October 15th and October 22nd 2007. Please see the section below for more details

* Redirection, Keepsafe and Diversion - Our advertised standard for setting up these services is likely to be affected by the industrial action, and so our customers should expect delays

* Redelivery will be suspended during the initial industrial action and will be reinstated as soon as we are sure we can fulfill the service promise. Customers collecting items should be aware that enquiry office opening times may vary from normal, and some may be closed on strike days

* Access mail - We will not give access mail special priority during strikes and period of recovery. We will deal with mail in the order we receive it, regardless of whether it has come directly from our customers, or from a supplier of Downstream Access

Wish they would just give them the dam extra pay?

Im affraid life is getting more and more expensive

wages have to adjust accordingly

if they dont - this is what happens....

Its really getting beyond a joke...

Ziggy

GET A LIFE YOU USLESS POSTIES this is realy doing my head in as ive just ordered stuff and now this bloody happens just F****** great why cant they just understand they asked the job and the pay limits and so they just apply and then go on strike. this is just plain stupid get another job ya lazy theving bums.

*goes of in a rant.....

Doesnt mean there going to start recieving them straight away though.

Millie Banerjee, chairwoman of the consumer watchdog Pos****ch, said that "effectively these strikes mean that mail posted in the UK today is unlikely to be delivered before Thursday next week".

What a kick in the balls! Lucky my stuff from ebuyer comes by City link.

The strike finishes on Sunday and another one starts on the Monday. They reckon the post might not be back to normal until next Thursday. Useless lot

WATCH IT Mel I WILL GET Alex on you ! maybe the bit for my engine you were going to send is in there is it ????????

see you soon Alex DAD !

Edited by Rc_mad

WATCH IT Mel I WILL GET Alex on you ! maybe the bit for my engine you were going to send is in there is it ????????

see you soon Alex DAD !

lol i will bring it with me at the weekend. i do tell everyone im useless at sending stuff, that's why i don't sell anything lol.

From another forum

Armed forces personnel are recieving emergency training to enable them to provide cover for the Royal Mail during the forth comming strikes. As we speak aircraft are being painted Red, infact such is the urgency the Red Arrows have already received their 'ROYAL MAIL' transfers and are being loaded with Lincolnshires' deliveries. A RAF spokesman said that most of the mail would be delivered by hand however with the RAF's precision strike capability there could be some spectacular deliveries. The public are advised to ensure any delicate items are well wrapped.

:lol: rofl :good:

Well actually its 6 days but whos arguing

strike started yesterday at mid day ends saturday at mid day. Then next strike starts monday at 0300 am thru till weds at 0300am

lol WHO gets post on a sunday no one as they dont work anyways lol

My local postie came yesterday at 1pm and was saying its not the staff as even they have had enough of the strikes now each postie has lost nearly 3 grand in wages striking because they origonally said they wanted to to the union but they now realise that its unlikely they will ever get an easy reseloution.

so basically its the unions that are at fault and to all those posties out there who arnt on strike good on you.

Gareth