• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

PS3

nitronoob

As a games consol i think its brilliant. Ok so a few more games need to be released so it can get better but at the moment i think is really good.

If your mostly going to play blu-ray stuff, and not games tbh i dont think theres any point in getting it, its just not worth that amount of cash for just playing dvds. Go the HD-dvd route.

i have had a ps3 from the day of the launch and it only gets used once a week at most playing gta san andres.

unfortunatley the games that are out dont do it for me ive brought and sold them mainly as im into racing, driving and nothing really esists. try waiting for a while the ps3 price is slowly coming down and more things being thrown in. i also have a 360 which is used an awful lot due to the games avalible, but the downsides are it crashs, i have had 3 disks ruined, they take ages to fix it, u never get a straight answer from their support and lastly its bloody noisey

Some of the stories I hear about the 360, puts me off.

If it was only for playing high-def stuff then I would probably get a dedicated player, but I like the idea of occasionally playing games. I'm hoping that the PS3 titles get better next year, with more choice.

I dont believe the HD-DVD player on the Xbox can 'upscale' either. Plus I've heard one, and its noisy. Also reliability sounds a pain.

Both Blue-ray and HD-DVD have big backing from the movie industry, I suspect there will be a place for both.

Perhaps I'll wait a while to see what happens

thanks all

i have both the xbox 360+hd drive and a ps3 and tbh i only really use the ps3 for films as i find the pic is a lot better on blue ray.but then i use the 360 a lot more for games (halo 3 is awesome :D ) but tbh my fav is my wii for games as its a lot of fun when you have mates round plus i need to get fit rofl rofl

Blu-ray will win the battle, blu-ray disks can hold up to 50gb of data, whilst hd dvd can hold a max of 30gb on a dual layer disk.

With the speed of technological advances HD dvd's will soon become to small (capacity wise) and obsolete where as the blu-rays will be able to cope with these advances for much longer.

Blu-ray will win the battle, blu-ray disks can hold up to 50gb of data, whilst hd dvd can hold a max of 30gb on a dual layer disk.

With the speed of technological advances HD dvd's will soon become to small (capacity wise) and obsolete where as the blu-rays will be able to cope with these advances for much longer.

amen

Well, bit the bullet, or should I say, 'shot the credit card' and got a ps3 this weekend.

Pretty impressed so far. Got the Blue-ray outputting to the plasma at 1080p and the picture is brilliant.

Not spent much time on the games yet, but setting up to the internet and updating the software was simple.

Glad I went for this now.

Well, bit the bullet, or should I say, 'shot the credit card' and got a ps3 this weekend.

Pretty impressed so far. Got the Blue-ray outputting to the plasma at 1080p and the picture is brilliant.

Not spent much time on the games yet, but setting up to the internet and updating the software was simple.

Glad I went for this now.

good choice. have fun

I've got a PS3 also. Fantastic machine, now the games are starting to come out, etc. More than enough to keep you going! You should invest in Warhawk, such an addictive online game.

Definately! What's your PSN? Mine's rokmysox :P

Blu-Ray will definately win! There's so many more advantages!

willb1983 is mine.

Blu-ray is winning the format battles too, I work at Blockbuster part time through uni. We don't stock any HD DVD at all.

Cool, will add/accept you aswell tomorrow night! I think it would be stupid if we went to HD DVD, BD has so much more to offer!

Haha! I was pretty crap a first! Usually having like 1 kill and 15 deaths! It's usually the other way round now, you soon learn some tricks :P I think I've played somthing like 20 hours now! Got it on BD on te launch day for £29.99 inc headset, can't complain can you?! The HALO 3 headset costs £39.99 alone :P