• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Does it happen to you too?

Tim

FPMSL! rofl

petrol r/c cars are 2-stroke m8.

I stand corrected, only going on the odd petrol RC planks I see using 4 stroke engines as opposed to your run of the mill nitro 2 strokers

lol, everytime someone from my area see's one of my r/c's....all i get is:

them: can i have a go?

me: no

them why?

me: because i said no

them: arrr dont be dred man

me: why not?

pause

them: are you sellin it?

me: no

them: why?

me: because i don't want to and you wouldn't be able to afford it anyway.

them: are you sellin it then?

then i just ignore them and walk away lol

It is anoying but i dont have the nerv to say no so i usually tell them that the battery is flat or its run out of fuel.

I find that after you eventually get rid of them they return 5 minuits later with a Argos baught tyco RC thingy that cost £20.

The then start running it around and getting in the way ect. They seem scornfull when they ask you "can it go upside down" and you reply "no"

Another thing they always tell you is that they have a friend/dad/older brother who has one "just like that"

But lest we forget, have pity on the young idiots as we were all kids once and if none of us had ever asked that anoying question:Can i have a go? We would most likely not be in the hobby today. And face it, if we get plesure and enjoyment out of RC than surely you would expect eight year olds to be the same?

Edited by G.A.A

I find that after you eventually get rid of them they return 5 minuits later with a Argos baught tyco RC thingy that cost £20

i'd crash into it "by accident" lol.

i'd give them the money to replace it.....but rash into it just for fun lol.

What annoys me at the lake where l run boats is the kid with the Tyco £20 boat, hovercraft etc and they just chuck it in without checking radio frequencies first. The parents look a tad shocked when l shout "Oi turn that off" when my cheap boat with 14.4v packs shoots across the lake, on its own. The parents say, with a look of bewilderment "why? The controller only controls Tarquin's boat". I then show them on the box where it says to check radio frequency when other r/c toys are near! Most 'cheap' toys are either 27 or 40Mhz so l now take a Tx of each with me and if someone comes along with a toy and doesn't check first, l switch my Tx on and drive their toy back to the side :D

What annoys me at the lake where l run boats is the kid with the Tyco £20 boat, hovercraft etc and they just chuck it in without checking radio frequencies first. The parents look a tad shocked when l shout "Oi turn that off" when my cheap boat with 14.4v packs shoots across the lake, on its own. The parents say, with a look of bewilderment "why? The controller only controls Tarquin's boat". I then show them on the box where it says to check radio frequency when other r/c toys are near! Most 'cheap' toys are either 27 or 40Mhz so l now take a Tx of each with me and if someone comes along with a toy and doesn't check first, l switch my Tx on and drive their toy back to the side :D

PMSL!!

Thats great :P

I never used to get interferance with my £100 Nikko from argos :lol:

That had interchangeable crystals as well

When i got the rush evo - i got it bad :P

hehe

Cheapie stuff eh? :P

But yes - i wish people do check more often - hence why i hit to the spekky range - no fuss with crystals just a 80 person limit :)

Ziggy

Its usually: "My mate/dad/mate's dad/uncle/brother has one betta than dat its petrul and duz eleventymillion MPH dood".

:rolleyes:

Yeah i had some kids that were watching me run the Baja king i got from Alexi, one of them was telling the other how their friends car can run for a year on a 30 minute battery charge, and the other kid said "well my friend has one and jumped it off the roof of his house and it flipped 100 times" :rolleyes: But most of the kids around my place are alright with it, most say "wow thats fast!" but there's always one guy who asks me for a go, his older brother asked me if i put nitrous in it :rolleyes:

200.01 actually lol

10.99+.01=20 20+200=220 lol

rofl rofl rofl rofl

sorry to not post a decent reply but io was reading through everyones and found this lol, he seem so please he had found that there was an inaccuracey but incorectly corrected it :huh: if that makes sense :P

Either way 10.99 + 0.01 = £11 not £20 lmaoo i belive ziggers was correct :P or mcloser than you :P

theres a lad 2 doors down, proper pikey lol has got loads of cheap crappys lol one is a landriover from agros with spinners rims lmaoo top speed od about 10mph lmaoo and mine are crap compared to his :rolleyes:

oh well let em get on with it :P

yeah i had a few but most of them are always the same Q's but commonly is my dads car is faster then yours and petrol is faster.

even when i drift with the lecicys they say nitro is better then i say ive got nitro cars too then they say yeah but not as fast as petro...then i say yeah sure..then they say its true as my dads is petrol and is fast then i say well ask him to bring one then he went of and this car turns up with the anoying kid and gets his petrol out and i thought oh dear...then i used a TS4n and wiped him lol then i left as he was insulting me for swering at his son.

always the same story. even in a nice big carpark you get a boy racer driving around and parks in the worst spot you drive around. then trys to run it over. sadly one did and got away....;{

sorry to not post a decent reply but io was reading through everyones and found this lol, he seem so please he had found that there was an inaccuracey but incorectly corrected it huh.gif if that makes sense tongue.gif

Either way 10.99 + 0.01 = £11 not £20 lmaoo i belive ziggers was correct tongue.gif or mcloser than you tongue.gif

o yea, only just realised what i had put!

i was thinking 9.01 but i actually put .01lol

Edited by rc 4 life

you lot are lucky...In bradford the kids dont ask for a go they pull a weapon and say "give me your car or I'll shoot you" then their mate turns up in their impreza or range rover and they all steam off with my goods in hand......

you lot are lucky...In bradford the kids dont ask for a go they pull a weapon and say "give me your car or I'll shoot you" then their mate turns up in their impreza or range rover and they all steam off with my goods in hand......

hey! i live ion the so called gun capital of europe! I just drive other peoples cars at the club. did a few laps with a xxx-s on friday, they are sooooooo smooth

losidan were about in bradford are u lol

right int center at like 3pm lol

although i could imagine tht happening just not with a gun just little chavs

I can imagine that happening in Bradford and/or Nottingham - stayed in both and not going back, except to Nottingham where we're rebuilding it. Andy - have the sway bars arrived yet?

erm no lol

didnt think ud sent em

have you ?

dogs may have easten em lol

no ill tell u if they arnt here by the week end maybe caught in the postal strike :confused:

LMAO.......

The things I hear....like most of you.........

"does that take petrol?"

"How fast does that go?"

"Can I get a shot?"

"my brother has one like that......but its faster"

"did you get that from Argos? (!)"

lol

I find the best way to deal with small kids is to drive at them!! lol Works brill with The Dominator!!lol They usaully run off scared only to get told off by their parents for getting in my way!! lol Village life lads!! Tis good!

Had it tonight. I was in the park giving my son a go with my Twin Detonator. (Wide open spaces so he cant crash it) :rolleyes:

Kid comes along

Him: Is it petrol?!

Me: No, Its electric. I think Petrol ones are much noisier

Him: I've got one like that, but its petrol.

Me: But you cant get this car as a petrol

Him: Well its got a different top on

Me: Go get it then and i'll race ya

Him: I cant, its a my dads house, I keep it there (A quick thinker this one)

Me: Ahh Righhht

Then....... Wait for it.............

Can I have a go?

........NO

If i did let people have i go :P

I limit the throttle control cause i use spekky :D

1 throttle is about fine? :P

They can increase the rev's a little thats it :P

Didnt say it had to move :P

Ziggy