• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hit a tree

xtract

Was having a good time with my new hyper at the park today and then i hit a tree head on. I was a fair way away so I couldn't hear anything and thought the engine stalled cause the car didn't take off when I gave it a bit but as I got closer I could hear the engine idling and I realised the engine didn't stall. Something happened to the electrics, the receiver isn't receiving anything, turned everything off then on again and checked all cables but still nothing. Very confused, it was instant, as soon as it hit the tree that was it, you can't hear anything when you turn the receiver on.

Does anyone know what could have happened?

Radio glitch?

Have you got a failsafe fitted?

Is the receiver battery charged enough?

Has the crystal come loose in the receiver,has it failed?

Have any servo wires come out of the receiver?

Has the aerial wire split?

Ther are a lot more reasons as well,you need to do some checking.

Was having a good time with my new hyper at the park today and then i hit a tree head on. I was a fair way away so I couldn't hear anything and thought the engine stalled cause the car didn't take off when I gave it a bit but as I got closer I could hear the engine idling and I realised the engine didn't stall. Something happened to the electrics, the receiver isn't receiving anything, turned everything off then on again and checked all cables but still nothing. Very confused, it was instant, as soon as it hit the tree that was it, you can't hear anything when you turn the receiver on.

Does anyone know what could have happened?

As you have lost everything I would start with the crystal.

Try another crystal if you can.

Smallman's list covers the rest.

As above. Check the crystal and then wrap the Rx in heatshrink. My hyper hit a kerb head-on and because l'd wrapped the Rx the radio connections were fine. Oh and it also helps to protect the radio when driving through puddles...

The only thing i can think of is the crystal, I will have to try different crystal. Batteries are brand new and all cables are connected. dont have a failsafe but i have bought one but havn't fitted it yet cause im unsure what to connect it to, havn't got around to asking, while im at it, what do you connect it to?

The failsafe goes between the throttle servo connection and the reciever.

Yup

In series with it :)

Takes 2 seconds todo :)

Most All you do is switch the car on

Engines OFF - And Transmitters OFF

And there is usually a little dial - turn that till u have idle or brakes applied :)

Test the failsafe by switched Transmitter on and off :)

Making sure it does the job of a signal loss

Ziggy

Thought it would be something simple like that, just havn't bothered to look at it closely. Still scratching my head about my electrics, so obviously something didn't like the hard sudden impact of the tree. Can a crystal be damaged easily?