• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Quantum RX - long term review.

Lilredmachine

3 minutes ago, Yorkshireman said:

A very informative personal review that mate...thank you very much for taking the time to post this. I've often considered buying one of these myself, I maybe one step closer now ! 👍

Thanks Yorkshireman, there's a fair amount more I could say but it's already very long. 😂 It's a good platform and the issues are easily modded out apart from the hinge pins, which don't take long to change and are (like all the parts actually) pretty cheap. I know the car to plump for in this segment is the WR8, but I wasn't sure if I'd like a rally setup and dropping that kind of coin wasn't appealing on a whim.

To be honest I kind of fancy picking up the R version for some car park hammering as well. 🤔 They are also cheap at the moment. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eighteen O Five said:

Great review! I'd love to know more about your shocks! 

I also have a RX Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/groups/2108057109384358/?ref=share

Thanks mate! Facebook group looks cool, immediately saw the Vorza sway bar mod on there and took notes. 😂

The shocks are just front 1/8th buggy shocks. The chassis pics are from when I was testing the giant bore shocks from a Hobao on the rear but they are a bit too big and interfere with the rear body posts, hence why they aren't fitted in the pic. The front shocks from an older team c/ansmann 1/8th buggy are a smaller body but still vastly superior in damping and strength to the stock shocks, and fit perfectly fine with the rear body posts in place. Stroke is good for the arms and length at about 105mm is comparable to stock

if you do go that route I'd recommend the aluminium shock towers though, the stockers just flex like mad with the fat shocks on. 😂

• Thanks 1

I found some sway bars to fit my R. 

Hpi vorza bars fit nicely with some minor mods. Can I post Facebook links in here? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac Legge said:

I found some sway bars to fit my R. 

Hpi vorza bars fit nicely with some minor mods. Can I post Facebook links in here? 

Have no idea on the links,  but I've seen the post on Facebook thanks to Eighteens link. I'll get the parts together for the fit, that and the 1/8th shocks should make it a proper weapon. 

I'm going to design a new rear body post mount for 3d printing that will allow for the fat shocks without interference. So if anyone needs a set let me know. 

• Like 2

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/ugatg9GSvYdWVHrT/

I have just recently posted this, made the world of difference on my R bud. 

I only fitted a front one so far, I am going  to fit the rear aswell I think tho after some diff oil testing. 

Edit ** My bad 😅😅😅 I missed where you said "Thanks mate! Facebook group looks cool, immediately saw the Vorza sway bar mod on there and took notes. 😂

Enjoy the results lol 😅

Edited by Mac Legge
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...