• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya TA-03F 58239 - Pennzoil R34 GTR

Ok, bit of a story like all my R/C Purchases lately. I welcomed my newborn daughter into the world in January, so I decided Id have a break from R/C in 2024, as Id spent a fair amount in 2023. However, I had two RC's I still searched for on eBay/Buyee. The 58170 Supra, and the Pennzoil GTR.... Also, my Loctite R34 build went wrong, and I couldnt let a negative RC experience end my hiatus.

Ive not saw a Pennzoil R34 GTR for sale for years, the remarkably 2 came up. One cheap, one not so cheap.

I made an offer on the cheaper one, but the more I looked at it, the more it wasnt right. Missing a wing, the wrong chassis, no box etc.  So I thought you know what, You only live once, I begged my Mrs, and she relented and I made an offer on the better one.

Im going to apologise now, in case the seller is seeing this. I hounded him, the tracking wasnt working...... turned out id copy and pasted via AI and it had misplaced an 0 for a O. So lets not worry about AI taking over just yet, its useless.

This is the missing piece for my R34 Collection. Teenage me I never ever thought I'd own a collection like this, peering through the window of Beatties...... but alas I present to you the TA03F Pennzoil R34.

As a lad, 3 of us had R/Cs in the Cul De Sac. One had a Repsol Cosworth on a TA-02, One had an Evo 5/6 on a TA-03F, and I had a Focus WRC on a TL-01. Back then, we didnt like the TA03F, the front motor looked weird. In hindsight, its probably the best chassis, and I own all three now....

X44P2Pd.jpeg

It appeared hopped up, but looks like these were stock in the box?

FpNDWVC.jpeg

r4SYDP8.jpeg

Original reciept im guessing from 13th August 1999, nearly 25 years ago.

Nb6Tuwo.jpeg

I knew the wheel & Tyre decals were missing, but they were in the box

zcRaxbl.jpeg

fLz9uJ9.jpeg

Its beautiful! I love it. Its perfect! I wish the windows were smoked but not sure Im going to risk it.....

• Like 2

mC0zn5Q.jpeg

wojx6uA.jpeg

ZeSGRLH.jpeg

O95f5YF.jpeg

Now, as I say, I hated the TA03F as a kid...... and I didnt even check the pics of the chassis, I just wanted the shell...... but look at this stunner!

V5ba18M.jpeg

Ij16kBV.jpeg

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, PraetoR said:

Fantastic! Looks cracking! :good:

I disagree, I think your collection is more impressive than most peoples'!

Thanks that means a lot!

I'm thinking of getting rid of the Evo 6, Merc DTM, Impreza, TL-01 Supra, and maybe the HKS R32 and one of the Focus WRC's (theyre all worth less than £100 each really). I could also sell the chassis thats under the Evo 7 (its a brand new £600 TT-02 haha)

To buy a: 

58170 Supra

Tamiya-58170-Body.jpg.8531bd65821c44c3de

58264 Raybrig NSX

img25685_17022009114956_1_1100_.jpg

• Like 1