• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Investment models

Lone-wolf

16 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

all i can think is get a better percent on a savings account, i have found one at 8 percent which is nationwide bank.

If you don't already, utilise your ISA allowance as any return is tax free. There's plenty of free financial advisors out there so I'd 100% take advantage of them. 

If your workplace has a share scheme then I'd look into that. The two I've had both offered something different in terms of security and discounts ect. Currently I lose £103 a month from my monthly take home but gain £150 worth of company shares as I'm not paying any tax on it (salary sacrifice). After 5 years I can make a withdrawal and not lose anything, if I pulled out early if just get what I put in back. After the 5 years I'll have added £6180  from my own pocket but have £9000 worth of shares however the final value will ultimately depend on how well they've done over the 5 years. Thankfully I can't see the need for the industry I work in drying up anytime soon! 

• Like 2

brilliant advise alex, many thanks  🙂 

got alot to learn about this investing thingys 😄 

i will look into an isa allowance as that sounds better than a savings account.

Edited by froggy8
  • Like 1