• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Chargers

Tadas

13 hours ago, Tadas said:

holly hell they are cheap 138$ for two vs 158$ for just one i bought!! why?! Maybe with the next battery purchase ill try these.  I'm bit worried that with low cost comes higher risk of accidental fires...

Thats why I recommended them, the price. I  have been running them for 3 months now and they have been faultless

• Like 2

15 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

Thats why I recommended them, the price. I  have been running them for 3 months now and they have been faultless

Well 3 months is rather soon to tell if they are good. I tend to ignore all the cheap things since they are cheap for a reason - true for everything, need to test it on lipos 🙂

On 01/01/2024 at 11:31, Tadas said:

holly hell they are cheap 138$ for two vs 158$ for just one i bought!! why?! Maybe with the next battery purchase ill try these.  I'm bit worried that with low cost comes higher risk of accidental fires...

Theyre not cheap its just the ones youve bought are ridiculously overpriced haha. I dont think Ive spent more than £60 on a lipo

53 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Theyre not cheap its just the ones youve bought are ridiculously overpriced haha. I dont think Ive spent more than £60 on a lipo

😮 really?! And they weren't even the most expensive! 

image.png.88d004a440a6d4fc1432c0ca97c8317f.png these are 420$

image.png.d8a98752e1841964ae9cca4440eb52c8.png these 260$

To be fair they’re ridiculously high MAH, the highest I own are 8000mah, but I usually run 5500mah. I only go out for 20 minutes ish per vehicle. Id rather have a lot of smaller, cheaper lipo’s than have 1 set of big MAH ones.

The others are Spektrum Smart, which is just nonsense in my opinion and for people with more money than sense. 

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bet there are many SkyRC fans/users here. Just got mine and tested (battery meter) brand new lipos. Red the instructions several times, but could't find any info on what does the red numbers mean? I guess its bad? Is this function trustworthy? 

20240111_184126.jpg20240111_183637.jpg

P.S. never expected that it would be this hard to unplug balance plugs from the charger, i could barely do it  with my fingers... Maybe its just because its new? Or i have bought siht extension cables? 

Edited by Tadas

Leave the extensions plugged in and plug your batteries into the extensions, saves creating potential issues with the charger and if ever there is an issue with the plug on the extension with getting plugged in and out a lot you just bin it and buy a new extension

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

Leave the extensions plugged in and plug your batteries into the extensions, saves creating potential issues with the charger and if ever there is an issue with the plug on the extension with getting plugged in and out a lot you just bin it and buy a new extension

thats what i do with my overlander i have extensions plugged in  

• 1 month later...

So far i'm very happy with my SkyRC T1000!! It charges way faster than traxxas original charger: from storage to full [2x8500mAh] in 34mins 🥰