• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rc Bashing Yorkshire

Tonylee

If you haven't looked already, then have a look on the meet up section on the forum. To be honest there doesn't seem to be a lot going on up here 😕  

Don't get out much myself lately but Demon Models in Wakefield used to organise a bash every now and then at Horbury.....don't know if they still do but might be worth looking on their Facebook page.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a bashing group over at Leeds on Facebook and there's a small club that have access to a gravel pitch and carpark over at Keighley, but up here there's more solo or small groups meeting up because of issues with Ken's and Karen's also council wardens are using the motorised vehicles bylaws to close down usable areas

The demon bash was scrubbed I think it was because they had issues with the council not mowing the grass so it fizzled out

14 hours ago, Fred barlow said:

There's a bashing group over at Leeds on Facebook and there's a small club that have access to a gravel pitch and carpark over at Keighley, but up here there's more solo or small groups meeting up because of issues with Ken's and Karen's also council wardens are using the motorised vehicles bylaws to close down usable areas

The demon bash was scrubbed I think it was because they had issues with the council not mowing the grass so it fizzled out

I find this a very strange concept, younger folk see the older folk with their rc cars and think cool i want to do that which is a good thing,  but instead of “karens” attitudes the younger folk dont and they go on to vandalise stuff, graffiti walls and end up taking drugs and then they wonder where it all went wrong but its plainly obvious

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

I find this a very strange concept, younger folk see the older folk with their rc cars and think cool i want to do that which is a good thing,  but instead of “karens” attitudes the younger folk dont and they go on to vandalise stuff, graffiti walls and end up taking drugs and then they wonder where it all went wrong but its plainly obvious

Sadly it's the minority of the dog walkers, hikers and park plodders (mostly retired and never had a hobby since stamp collecting as a kid) that hate anything out of their comfort zone or could break one of the rules they've spent many hours looking for especially if it is faster than a mobility scooter, makes a noise or is any fun (aside from kicking an inflated ego around that's allowed but only just), they are the type who moved from the city to the country for the views and complain about the farms, they are the generation who had free reign as kids  but put their kids Infront of computers then complained when it became the thing kids wanted to do and now they complain to see unsolicited fun

And it's the sad thing that they only succeeded because of pester power

20 hours ago, Yorkshireman said:

Makes you wonder why people post these things then never return 🤔 

Sadly forums are becoming like the 4' square newspapers and a decent selection hobby mags they've all turned to the antisocial media for the instancy of reaction and reduction of costs